MyBB forum alliance purposal
1,000-10,000 is nothing. I have more than 30,0000 and still isn't that active. Yeah I get 100-300 posts per day but it's not that active. I had a forum in the past with over 1500 members and it wasn't that active because I didn't post much content.

You don't get content by getting members to post threads. That's why forums aren't successfully.
A community doesn't grow because of the community. The administrator must provide the content. There must be a reason for the community to grow up and I am sure they won't post things just to get more members on YOUR forum.
The administrator must posts things to keep the forum active. Once the community has started to grow, the community itself will then start be able to handle the rest. But only once it starts growing!

Smile
MyBB-Plugins.com is for sale - check this thread for more information.
I agree 100% with Nervo lol.
What would those members even post, spam? lol
you need to get members who are interested but not just a little to your site!
And yes, content is the key, but take a look around! Who posts the main content often? The forum team! (mods & admins) users only enjoy it and after a hwile only you'll see that your beloved members will post good stuff.
[Image: modmybb-banner-0.png]
If you think I've helped you; a + rep would be appreciated.
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
i agree
mix consoleworld + mybbcentral + mybbcodes+ mybbsource

or that EVERY MYBB FORUM USES A SPECIAL HEADER WITH LINKS OF OTHER MYBB PLUGINS WEBSITES

like a ring
(2009-08-27, 09:40 AM)glas Wrote: i agree

or that EVERY MYBB FORUM USES A SPECIAL HEADER WITH LINKS OF OTHER MYBB PLUGINS WEBSITES

like a ring

I don't think so. Do you think I'd merge my forum, which took me time to build, with someone else's forum?? The point of this thread is to create an alliance to create active forums. The forums you mentioned are already active Toungue
And by the way, I can't merge most of the content available at console world with those sites obviously. most of the things are about consoles. Those sites are mybb only
(2009-08-27, 09:40 AM)glas Wrote: i agree

like a ring

And make them pay how much for the plugins subscription?
$20?
Would be the same, but the owners would lose when sharing the money to the others! lol. Only paypal would win which would be super-lame.

If you thought $5 for all, it would be crazy, no owners would accept that lol.
[Image: modmybb-banner-0.png]
If you think I've helped you; a + rep would be appreciated.
This alliance thing, do you mean like a mybb forum webring sort of thing?
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
what about "EVERY MYBB FORUM USES A SPECIAL HEADER WITH LINKS OF OTHER MYBB PLUGINS WEBSITES "

^^? like www.antronio.com
Where are the special links like you said?
Anyway, that's not the point of this "alliance"
As far as I understood this is a simple post exchange between start-up boards.
Nice idea, but every admin of a start-up board can post in the Request/Services forum here at MyBB if he wants to do a post exchange and then he'll probably find somebody doing the exchange with him.
I don't see the point...
My Company - I am Microsoft Certified in HTML5, CSS3 and JS
Ok you guys don't have a clue what we mean right? We are not talking about inviting random people over that spam some people and leave.

We are talking about a good alliance that will bind and bring us together to help grow little MyBB forums. Now as I said before the posts are based of "common sense" if you guys have any meaning for example:

not common sense: ur forusm r c00l!
common sense: I just want to congratulate you with your awesome look forum!

I mean for example I am exchanging some posts with Kerrang and we have exchanged about 10 posts now for and they are as good as any other post. The point is that when you exchange posts you only do it with someone that you can trust and has a fun forum to post at.

You don't just randomly go to some forum spam some crap and leave and hope you get some posts back. They have to be quality! Now than you dummies might argue how can you ensure that you will get quality posts, you don't but if you do not like the posts you are getting stop the post exchange and find someone else!

Now that wasn't so hard was it?