MyBB forum alliance purposal
1. Don't call us dummies... that's not appreciated.

Well, I see your point, a post exchange can be useful but why do I need an alliance for that?

The best posters are these who are dedicated to the subject by the way and I don't think that I'll find somebody here for most of my topics Smile

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
My Company - I am Microsoft Certified in HTML5, CSS3 and JS
(2009-08-27, 02:27 PM)Zomaian Wrote: Ok you guys don't have a clue what we mean right? We are not talking about inviting random people over that spam some people and leave.

We are talking about a good alliance that will bind and bring us together to help grow little MyBB forums. Now as I said before the posts are based of "common sense" if you guys have any meaning for example:

not common sense: ur forusm r c00l!
common sense: I just want to congratulate you with your awesome look forum!

I mean for example I am exchanging some posts with Kerrang and we have exchanged about 10 posts now for and they are as good as any other post. The point is that when you exchange posts you only do it with someone that you can trust and has a fun forum to post at.

You don't just randomly go to some forum spam some crap and leave and hope you get some posts back. They have to be quality! Now than you dummies might argue how can you ensure that you will get quality posts, you don't but if you do not like the posts you are getting stop the post exchange and find someone else!

Now that wasn't so hard was it?

You still haven't answered my question though Toungue
I never mentioned the quality of the posts. Just the fact that you can get quality posts, however you get quality posts from users that are just posting X posts and then leave. This will not make your forum active in my opinion. Will keep asking for people to join this alliance so it is always active?
MyBB-Plugins.com is for sale - check this thread for more information.
Come on now you are just being stupid on perpuse!

When people post at your forum it will get you more hits, traffic, and members! Why? Because you forum is active and has content. The exchange is just a program for the beginning of your forum. Once your forum is active enough you can drop the exchange thing. It's just to have a good and active start.
(2009-08-27, 02:53 PM)Zomaian Wrote: Come on now you are just being stupid on perpuse!

When people post at your forum it will get you more hits, traffic, and members! Why? Because you forum is active and has content. The exchange is just a program for the beginning of your forum. Once your forum is active enough you can drop the exchange thing. It's just to have a good and active start.

I'm not being stupid on purpose,
if your best argument is insulting other people, I am sure you'll never succeed in life.
Good luck with your alliance.
MyBB-Plugins.com is for sale - check this thread for more information.
I already explained this more than 3 times in the whole thread and you keep using the same argument if you do not like the idea why are you responding to this thread just leave it alone Wink.
It the idea was to honestly give a sense of "community", many people can relate to any forum just because I run using mybb about "football" doesn't mean I can't or don't have interest in one about consoles.

This is mainly aimed at those who could do with support, especially newer forums but I've only explained the simple posting side.

I'd like to think people with graphic design skills would come on board aswell and help by creating avatars, banners and things needed by those who "would" appreciate a start up. Chances are nobody would be willing to do anything kind for someone esle, I don't know but I like the idea of helping and giving to people without expecting a return. Why would they? Just an idea but I know of many who use mybb don't have cash to throw around and this is about a sense of community spirit.

~Kerrang!

Ps. Why is this about people being right and others being wrong, why should we answer to negative people when I only posted this because I'd like to help others. Honestly, it's a case of bursting peoples bubbles and being pathetic over something the orginal poster meant no harm about, for those against why not stop hi-jacking the thread?
The main question here would be : "Is it honest to ask friends or another community members to posts on our forum for the sole intention of increasing the page ranks on the search engines and lure other users to believe that our forum is very popular by itself!"

I believe personaly that it is not honest. As other businesses you have to start from scratch and grow with your own service quality and good mouth to ear publicity from satisfied users.

But in those days of "give me what i need for free or i will hate you", these values concept are difficult to understand. Young people do not have time to wait for results, they want them now and for free!

Putting a link in our forum to show solidarity to another forum is a thing, but asking to fill up the forums for showing a virtual and false popularity is another thing.

This is my sincere opinion.
MyBBCodes.com owner/administrator
Cool " It is not what you know that matters, it is what you do or do not do!"
We have currently 175+ MyBB Exclusive Plugins, 80+ MyBB Compatible MyCodes
No you are not asking all your forum members to post *facepalm* just 1 person (owner) of lets say forum1 posts on forum2 and the owner of forum2 posts back on forum1.
This is exactly what I mean by "bursting people's bubble" you get one person negative, then another comes along and before to long those who are interested are put off because some feel themselves to be "mighty" fish and bash upon things they feel their better than. Fair enough, if you're not interested but keep clear of this.

I was hoping for those who were serious to be involved in this, not people trying to ruin it before a chance had been made.

Question for you, is your forum part of your business or are we talking using members to make money through adverts and class that as a business. <-- second one isn't very honest now. ~Kerrang!

Ps. I feel this can be closed now, I'll take this up with zom and see what happens.
It's fine Kerrang I think it's easier to just find people and offer the idea instead of making this thread, I already found 2 other people that are interested in exchanging posts with my forum Wink.