Scientology
[Image: 2292726326_72afdcd569.jpg%3Fv%3D0]
So I know some of you may have heard of this. (My randomness conversation just wanted to be about this.) I received this packet in the Mail, because I ordered a free packet of Scientology a few weeks back.

After reading 70 out of 80 pages of this packet, I realize that this is something truly incredible. Despite the fact of what I saw; Tom Cruise going insane on Oprah, and the head Director of Scientology hitting his employee's for failing what Scientology represents. As I am Atheist, it goes on about Scientology being for everybody of their beliefs or none beliefs. Its is a tool that everybody uses. And that some people should use to really understand themselves.

Its a mechanism to be used for helping, living, strengthening life, and believing who you are, and helping fellows (thetan/spirit) that are in need. When using this, you increase your awareness about the things that are happening. You will see clearly of what the world really represents in a life time.

(Before I continue, make note that I'm no preacher, and its anybody and single opinion choice to follow or disagree. No argument here.)

Out of the packet: The spiritual being, the thetan, is who you are.

Scientology Short Description: "Knowing of Knowing." A religion for spiritual guidance.

I'll stop right there for now and see what you guys think?
*sigh* You have been manipulated by well constructed persuasive text. They have huge resources at their disposal to create the essentially propaganda that they sent you and if done right it is possible to convince people of just about anything.

Make up you own mind about what the world really represents, don't listen to what other people think.
(2009-08-28, 10:47 AM)TimB. Wrote: *sigh* You have been manipulated by well constructed persuasive text. They have huge resources at their disposal to create the essentially propaganda that they sent you and if done right it is possible to convince people of just about anything.

Make up you own mind about what the world really represents, don't listen to what other people think.

Yeah I know I make my own decisions. But everything in that packet explained everything. It's finally be something that made seance to me clearly, its probably propaganda, I'm well aware. I will presume to keep researching it however. I'm curious.

And if anybody in this board that is a Scientologist, if tyou could, please back me up. Or give me another prospective of Scientology.
I quote:
Quote:Scientology creates a specialized environment within which anything can be made to seem true or reasonable or ethical.
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Fishman/Xenu/scs-00.html
http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~dst/Fishman/Xenu/xenu.html
Wow that first link got me another veiw of Scientology, craziness huh? Nazism??? Social control??? That's horrible! idk now... thx for showing this, i need to re think this whole thing now.

But tempted as I am by the booklet, I'll need to speak to a experienced Scientologist.
Scientology caused the first internet "war".

Speaking of which the anon trend has sort of died down.
I live close to Clearwater, FL. so I've been turned off to Scientology for a long time. There was a special report not to long ago in my local newspaper about the 2 highest ranking members to ever leave the church and their interviews were very startling. I always thought of the church of Scientology to be a little off, but never imagined the Jonestown-like treatment and abuse that went on.

I never pictured Scientology as a cult in the same sense as the Branch Davidian and People's Temple, but after reading that article I have nothing but disgust for them and their exploitation of human lives.

A small tidbit from the report:
Quote:The next evening, early in 2004, Miscavige gathered the group and out of nowhere slapped a manager named Tom De Vocht, threw him to the ground and delivered more blows. De Vocht took the beating and the humiliation in silence — the way other executives always took the leader's attacks.
-Joe
AFreeCloud - Free Cloud-Based Web Hosting!
I think its a great to have an open enough mind to expose yourself to any kind of belief. Born a Catholic but with liberal parents who have allowed me to form my own opinions based off what I learn, I view things more scientific rather than religious. I have studied Greek Mythology and from this I understand how Christianity or most every religion came to be. If you take the associations from Greek Mythology like the 3 God brothers Zeus, Poseidon and Hades who defeated their father in the "Clash of the titans", it becomes clear in the bible(s) Zeus becomes God, Hades becomes Satan and Poseidon... well he just got left out lol. The 3 levels of Hades rule become Heaven, Hell and Purgatory, with many other comparisons it is easy to see most religions were born from Greek Mythology, and to me anything based off Mythology = Myth.

I would never disrespect anyone who believes in religion no matter what type but to me the Bible is a collection of stories and morals to help people find the right path to being good human beings as with all religions. For some it brings answers to existence or meaning and purpose to life, for others it brings hope of the after life and I respect that, I just think differently is all.
And it's safe to say we'll never know everything still blessings we receive.
And it’s safe to say I really don't know a thing,
still I choose to believe.

Lyrics of a good song i like. Well look. Truth be, i am many religions. Because i believe in god. And to me, they are just different pathways.
I'm not here often, shoot a PM or whatever if you want my discord.
Well I was researching the Dark side of Scientology this morning on a site.

Here is a list of crap they Do:
http://www.scientology-lies.com/whatswrong.html