Update Sidebox Plug-in
(2009-11-13, 08:10 AM)AndrewPH Wrote: i think not all new users can be your subscribers since you did block some ip address..thats bad to hear then.. thanks

That was the forum owner's decision because of a massive spam attack. I can't control her site.
Crap, I made a mistake lol. I said to watch the Showcase... I meant watch the Releases!! The one in the Plugins & Code Mods category of course.
(2009-11-13, 08:10 AM)AndrewPH Wrote: i think not all new users can be your subscribers since you did block some ip address..thats bad to hear then.. thanks

I'll tell you what Andrew -
I'm sick of hearing your whining.

I asked you to give me your IP address to unblock but you said you have a dynamic IP.
Quit being lazy and stupid.
All you have to do is look on your own site and you'll get the range of IP addresses you usually post from.
Give them to me. I can unblock them. If you don't want to do this, quit your whining about my site. It's my site, not ralgiths. I am sick of spammers and 100% of them were from the Philippines. I made the decision that losing business from that country is worth the risk because I'm tired of babysitting the site. Too bad if you don't like it. I now have given you TWO chances to get unblocked. It's in your hands now if you can or cant' get in.

Don't worry, I fully expect you to whine that my subscription rate is too high too. Too bad. You get what you pay for.

And as for ralgith's plugins being free - no. Time is money. ralgith's time is money. MY time is money. MY site costs ME money to keep up. I PAY ralgith to work for me and I fully expect to NOT pay him and pass along the goodies we develop to people for FREE. I am not a millionaire and I am in business to make money. Skin City Designs is not Skin City Plugin and Theme Charity.
Ok, Goggalor hasn't announced it yet (I think she forgot) but the subscription area IS open now, with 3 MyBB plugins and I have no idea how many themes. There will be more as time progresses, I've only been at this a little while after all Smile
oO The plugin works fine for MyBB 1.4.9, I just tested it on my localhost.

Don't know why you'd be paying if the free version works just fine, you might be doing something wrong.
(2009-11-14, 07:36 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: oO The plugin works fine for MyBB 1.4.9, I just tested it on my localhost.

Don't know why you'd be paying if the free version works just fine, you might be doing something wrong.

I know, I tested it on my site, and his site is the only one Ive seen this problem on.
(2009-11-13, 05:40 PM)Goggalor Wrote:

I'll tell you what Andrew -
I'm sick of hearing your whining.

I asked you to give me your IP address to unblock but you said you have a dynamic IP.
Quit being lazy and stupid.
All you have to do is look on your own site and you'll get the range of IP addresses you usually post from.
Give them to me. I can unblock them. If you don't want to do this, quit your whining about my site. It's my site, not ralgiths. I am sick of spammers and 100% of them were from the Philippines. I made the decision that losing business from that country is worth the risk because I'm tired of babysitting the site. Too bad if you don't like it. I now have given you TWO chances to get unblocked. It's in your hands now if you can or cant' get in.

Don't worry, I fully expect you to whine that my subscription rate is too high too. Too bad. You get what you pay for.

And as for ralgith's plugins being free - no. Time is money. ralgith's time is money. MY time is money. MY site costs ME money to keep up. I PAY ralgith to work for me and I fully expect to NOT pay him and pass along the goodies we develop to people for FREE. I am not a millionaire and I am in business to make money. Skin City Designs is not Skin City Plugin and Theme Charity.
+1
(2009-11-14, 07:36 PM)FullMetalBabe Wrote: oO The plugin works fine for MyBB 1.4.9, I just tested it on my localhost.

(2009-11-14, 10:04 PM)Joshee Wrote: I know, I tested it on my site, and his site is the only one Ive seen this problem on.

Ok, you're all missing the point. Mine has features that aren't available with any other side boxes plugin Wink

THAT'S why its a subscription plugin. Not to mention that plugin is buggy in regards to leaving crap behind in your themes. Labrocca's is pretty good, but he doesn't have the features I offer. Perhaps everyone should scroll back up a few posts and check out the feature list I posted in a nice bulleted list.
But sometimes it is too bloated for what you just need (Like Xp/7 On a netbook)
I'm not here often, shoot a PM or whatever if you want my discord.
(2009-11-15, 01:55 AM)T0m Wrote: But sometimes it is too bloated for what you just need (Like Xp/7 On a netbook)

Smart alec Smile
I just figure, either use mine (because its stable and has lots of features) or use Labrocca's because its stable and has a good feature set too. Basically I expanded upon his work by a lot. He has it for index.php and forumdisplay.php views. I have it in both of those, an option to replace the side boxes from the portal, and also on threadview.php. That last is the kicker for some people. Wink Although myself I like being able to just tell the plugin to eat the portal side boxes and replace them with mine.

Another big selling point of mine is unique side boxes PER group. Or even groups of groups. You can make a Sidebox for guests, another for Admins, another for Mods AND SuperMods (they share a single template) and on and on.

I'm sorry, I'm just in love with my own work Smile
But is all that always needed? Some times a simple box does it :p
I'm not here often, shoot a PM or whatever if you want my discord.