Portal Drag n Drop Plugin
This is more of an idea, rather than a request but it would be very cool if someone made this. It'd work like this:

On the portal page you could drag to rearrange all the boxes. You could also add / remove boxes.

No, I am not going to pay money but it would indeed be cool if this is possible. Also the box positions would be stored in a cookie.
That would require too much work for a free plugin.
you can add boxes with HTML Look Below
<table border="0" cellspacing="{$theme['borderwidth']}" cellpadding="{$theme['tablespace']}" class="tborder">

<tr>
<td class="thead"><strong>Name Here</strong></td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td class="trow1"><span class="smalltext">
Content here

</span></td>
</tr>
</table>
<br />
Besides, editing the template is easy enough. No need to add this drag & drop support. As was said previously, WAY too much work for a freebie.
A draggable effect can be created extremely easy with script.aculo.us (witch uses the Prototype JS framework): http://wiki.github.com/madrobby/scriptaculous/draggable
(2010-01-01, 11:14 PM)querschlaeger Wrote: A draggable effect can be created extremely easy with script.aculo.us (witch uses the Prototype JS framework): http://wiki.github.com/madrobby/scriptaculous/draggable

Yes, and then you need all the code to make it permanent in the templates. Not to mention my JS sucks Wink
You guys clearly don't get it. The entire point is that users can customize which boxes they display. So user A can show stats, but user B can't.

This is more of a cool idea for bored code monkeys like me, however I don't know how to do dragging and dropping in Javascript.
way to much coding but I will try to make one for you but I will take a long time as the coding said above will take a long time to make the changes perminant in the templates I will realease a thread when completed my esimate time of complition is 200 hours but around 1-2 hours a day. You do the math.
Also if you want this for free you will have to sign up on my site and be active and get me members

My site

Halo-hub.co.cc

Or check my sig
Lol @200 hours, it should take no more than a week to create at max. Either way, too much time to spend on a free plugin. And it's not saved into templates, there would have to be extra columns in users saving their position for it.
that mean you would either have to add mybb tables or add templates best result is table and that takes even longer