Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago [How To?] Admin Only MyCode
Solved: 10 Years, 8 Months, 3 Weeks ago
Oh, I just got something cleared by malcolm's post. I didn't know that one can post a url without [url] tag and it will be shown as a valid link. Actually, I have been using meetup.com and if you post a url there without wrapping it up in bb code, it is shown as text and that is what I exactly wanted in my first request - to disable bbcode for non-admin users so that only admin could wrap up a url in [url] tag and hence only admins could post links.

My main aim was to somehow disable link building of URLs posted by non-admin users. This reduces a lot of spam as most spammers/bots join only to post outside URLs for their link building. I am happy to show URLs as text only. Even if this means that URLs posted by admins are also shown as text. I guess for this, one needs to modify the parser.

Or any other option?
In the same way I want to disable img, video etc posting as well. I am happy with a text only forum without much glitter. Is that possible?
You can disable images and videos in the settings for each forum and you can comment out the URL MyCode and parsing in ./inc/class_parser.php
Not without editing the parser, although I might allow it in future versions of the plugin.
Thanks Guys!

Jammer - would look forward for ypur next update of your mod!

Cheers!
-N