Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
MyBBTalk.com
(2010-08-20, 02:30 AM)Tierney Wrote: Why not just join MyBB runway and earn staff?

Hmm. Whats the problem with him starting a new community?
I can't get your point.

I accept he need a new theme.

I wonder whether atleast this forum provides things free?
(2010-08-20, 02:30 AM)Tierney Wrote: Why not just join MyBB runway and earn staff?

What kind of a fail logic is that?
(2010-08-20, 03:22 PM)morpia Wrote:

I'll tell you the logic.

Not only did he hijack onebot's showcase thread, but he also 1) wants to eliminate all future competition mybbrunway may have and 2) instead wants onebot to join his site...proving moreso that this is pretty much a pitch for mybbrunway. Furthermore, that pitch for "earning staff" is only a loaded statement so that onebot will join the site and become active so that he can be noticed by management. Management however, will have no intention of adding new staff and so onetop is just working hard for no reward.

Tierney, go to the mybbrunway showcase thread and continue to bump that. Its already at 6 pages of useless posts, why not make it 10?

You seriously crossed the line when you started to advertise your site and ruin someone else's ambitions.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN SOCCER PM ME.
(2010-08-20, 03:37 PM)AwptimusPrime Wrote:

I'll tell you the logic.

Not only did he hijack onebot's showcase thread, but he also 1) wants to eliminate all future competition mybbrunway may have and 2) instead wants onebot to join his site...proving moreso that this is pretty much a pitch for mybbrunway. Furthermore, that pitch for "earning staff" is only a loaded statement so that onebot will join the site and become active so that he can be noticed by management. Management however, will have no intention of adding new staff and so onetop is just working hard for no reward.

Tierney, go to the mybbrunway showcase thread and continue to bump that. Its already at 6 pages of useless posts, why not make it 10?

You seriously crossed the line when you started to advertise your site and ruin someone else's ambitions.

Excuse you? MyBBRunway belongs to Bob Jansen. The first few words in the showcase thread say
Quote:I am posting this thread to show Jordan and my forum called MyBB Runway.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-74708.html
(2010-08-20, 04:20 PM)Joshee Wrote:
(2010-08-20, 03:37 PM)AwptimusPrime Wrote:

I'll tell you the logic.

Excuse you? MyBBRunway belongs to Bob Jansen. The first few words in the showcase thread say
Quote:I am posting this thread to show Jordan and my forum called MyBB Runway.

http://community.mybb.com/thread-74708.html

I knew that quite well thanks. Tierney is an active member there and not to mention a huge signature advertising the site.
That doesn't mean he is advertising. He is just saying it would be easier to join an already popular MyBB help site and get staff there instead of trying to make a new one.

I tried to make my own MyBB help site a while ago, and it failed. There are already enough MyBB help sites, so it would be easier to just join one of those and try to become staff. (Or not, you can do the same by just being active and helping like people do around here.)
(2010-08-20, 04:29 PM)Joshee Wrote: That doesn't mean he is advertising. He is just saying it would be easier to join an already popular MyBB help site and get staff there instead of trying to make a new one.

I tried to make my own MyBB help site a while ago, and it failed. There are already enough MyBB help sites, so it would be easier to just join one of those and try to become staff. (Or not, you can do the same by just being active and helping like people do around here.)
The OP obiously doesn't want to join another site as he has already invested in a domain. Its a pity when people try to discourage you in a showcase thread rather than provide critiques. In either event, I will not be posting in this thread anymore. Sorry to Onebot.

(2010-08-20, 04:29 PM)Joshee Wrote: That doesn't mean he is advertising. He is just saying it would be easier to join an already popular MyBB help site and get staff there instead of trying to make a new one.

No, it wouldn't be easier. That forum already has more staff than needed, so unless they're just desperate for more active members, why would they want another staff member? Besides, why would he want to be staff of some forum and get bossed around when he can just build his own? Not to mention MyBBTalk is much better name than MyBBRunway, which sounds lame in my opinion.
What mybb.com, mybbrunway.com and mybbcentral.com all offer suffices the needs of MyBB Help Sites. I don't want to join a forum that has no customisation and something similar to MyBB.com
No PM support
My YouTube
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
It offers free stuff, as you can See, theres nö paid stuff there and it offers Support and stuff. Its just à Brand New Community.