Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 3.29 Average
Solved: 9 Years, 5 Months, 3 Weeks ago New Merge Modules Being Added
Solved: 9 Years, 5 Months, 3 Weeks ago
I have vB4. PM me.
[Image: logo.png] - VPS starting at $15/month!
Can't wait for Woltlab!
I'm not here often, shoot a PM or whatever if you want my discord.
(2010-09-20, 03:26 PM)Mark.M Wrote: Can't wait for Woltlab!

You have a full WBB database? All I've got is the Lite (Free) Version DB Toungue
I'd like to test IPB3 merge module. I also can share an IPB 3.1 database (~8k members, ~100k posts) if you need it.
(2010-09-30, 09:58 AM)Van Damm Wrote: I'd like to test IPB3 merge module. I also can share an IPB 3.1 database (~8k members, ~100k posts) if you need it.

That would be most appreciated.

In point of fact, everyone who has offered databases, can you please give me a download location for Saturday morning, I'll be doing preliminary tests on a couple of things on Sunday/Monday and would like to have a few databases ready.

Thanks!
(2010-10-08, 02:29 AM)brags Wrote: Thanks...so we have some forums that are private to certain usergroups...are the permissions transferred in the merge or will all of the forums be set to default permissions for all?

Could not find this in a quick search.

Also will the old forum remain active and functioning after the merge?

Thanks in advance.
(2010-09-20, 03:31 PM)Dylan M. Wrote:
(2010-09-20, 03:26 PM)Mark.M Wrote: Can't wait for Woltlab!

You have a full WBB database? All I've got is the Lite (Free) Version DB Toungue

At the moment i'm in the same boat. That and i think i somewhere have a 2.X.X database.
(2010-10-08, 02:48 AM)brags Wrote:
(2010-10-08, 02:29 AM)brags Wrote: Thanks...so we have some forums that are private to certain usergroups...are the permissions transferred in the merge or will all of the forums be set to default permissions for all?

Thanks in advance.

If you leave it open and running yes. It will remain as if nothing ever happened.
I'm not here often, shoot a PM or whatever if you want my discord.
(2010-10-08, 02:48 AM)brags Wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Yes, permissions should be converted as well. And yes, Mark answered the other question correctly.
Dylan, I'm not sure what qualifies as "small" or "midsize" but I have a vb4 with over a 1,000 threads, about 8,000 posts, and 350+ members. If you can use it, let me know.

Here's my deal... I had vb3 and upgraded to vb4 and created some unhappy campers with the change. I tried converting to myBB using the vb3 converter and it partially worked. The main drawback is the passwords didn't migrate. Nobody was able to log in. If I require everyone to generate a new password, I'm going to lose a fourth of my membership - I'm sure of it.

So... I set up a new forum using myBB and encouraged the members of my vb4 forum to try it. They love it and want me to change the vb4 to myBB.

What I'm looking at doing now is converting my vb4 to myBB when Dylan gets it ready and then merge the converted forum with the new myBB I've started.

Dylan - will you're vb4 converter transfer the passwords?
Yes, it will.