Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved: 12 Years, 2 Months ago Possible to Convert into Dreamweaver?
Solved: 12 Years, 2 Months ago
Hey, I was making a forum/board for a school project and already bought a domain and was about to install MyBB to it, but they said I would need to upload here at school and make it with there program Dreamweaver. So I was wondering if I could somehow take the files here: http://www.mybb.com/downloads, and import them into Dreamweaver CS3?
Dreamweaver is a text editor... you need a server. You'd use Dreamweaver to write code, not run the forum.
MyReactions - All Plugins

Can you still feel the butterflies?

Free never tasted like pudding.
(2010-09-17, 02:22 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: Dreamweaver is a text editor... you need a server. You'd use Dreamweaver to write code, not run the forum.

Well is their a way to take the coding of the downloaded files and put them in Dreamweaver?
You can just open the files in Dreamweaver, but as Matt said, you will have to upload the files...
What are you actually trying to do here?? Edit the files or install and run a forum?? If you need to install and run the forum, forget Dreamweaver, that's not what you use to run a forum. If you want to edit the actual PHP in the files, that's what you'd use Dreamweaver for.

Your school has got no idea what they are talking about. Dreamweaver is just a program they use to create and edit files, it's not a server that you can run software from. You need to go and buy hosting somewhere and upload the MyBB files to it.
No PM support
My YouTube
Alright well thanks for the replies; I will figure something out.
Yes, whoever said you have to 'make' it with Dreamweaver has no idea what they're talking about.

You can setup a server on your local network with something like this: http://www.wampserver.com/en/