Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
HA·RA·JU·JU -- Japanese & Alternative Fashion Community
(2010-10-03, 04:23 AM)Uncontrol Wrote: Combus, thanks a lot for the kind words. Can you explain what you mean about tables feeling tight? They actually have a lot of padding, moreso than most forums. I think it's because we're used to seeing two columns before the topic name, but I took them out because I found them extraneous. Do you think I should increase the side padding on topic names? Or did you mean something else?

To be honest with you, I'm pretty happy with the theme and I think I made a lot of good steps with it in terms of increasing forum usability and breaking down barriers between the forum and the user. But I'm happy to hear more feedback.

Yes, I noticed it has a good amount of padding on the tables, it gives the theme much more "air" (I don't know how to describe it). But I was more refering to the tables type, letters are quite small and could use a little more line-height IMO.

And something I noticed is that there's no way to cancel the login modal box? Not really nice feature, makes me feel trapped and almost panic Toungue
Yeah there's no way to cancel it. It's part of that theme, I didn't realize there's no way to cancel it till quite late in. Hopefully Ferron will release a fix for this, or someone can help me to find one. Thanks for the line-height comment.

However, maybe I can trap people into registering. LOL
Just wanted to pop in and say that the forum is actually doing super well so far, I'm quite happy with it!
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
Amazing! Smile Wink
I'm a proud MyBB user. Toungue
I love how I got all positive comments and a thread rating of 2/5. Anon haters, show yourselves Wink
I don't think people take thread ratings very seriously. Toungue

Very nice forum by the way.
The red is a bit bright and glares at me a bit. Other than that, I like it.

Maybe you want a gradient replacing it.
(2010-10-15, 08:29 PM)faviouz Wrote: I don't think people take thread ratings very seriously. Toungue

Very nice forum by the way.

Yeah, that's why I disabled them haha. Thanks!

(2010-10-15, 08:29 PM)-AW- Wrote: The red is a bit bright and glares at me a bit. Other than that, I like it.

Maybe you want a gradient replacing it.

Gradients are really not the style of this site. The design is intentionally simple (save for the background) -- a gradient would be a betrayal of that. The red is quite bright, yeah, but it's also intentionally scarce; while reading a topic there are no red dividers between posts. The red is a visual signal of a beginning or end or an important element.
quite nice and simple theme, activity is also nice, how old is this forum, may i ask?
14 days (2 weeks), considering the date he posted the opening thread.