Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved: 10 Years, 5 Months, 1 Week ago [How To?] Undelete Forum
Solved: 10 Years, 5 Months, 1 Week ago
Is it possible to undelete a forum? If so, how?
Nope, you can't undelete a forum. When it's deleted, it's gone forever.
No PM support
My YouTube
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
i saw a plugin that do exactly what you mean, but i forget where i read about that plugin.
but surly the deleted post after installation of that plugin can be retrieve because may be it store your deleted posts in some temp table (database)
[Image: signature.php?uid=3]
IIRC, Forums aren't stored in the datacache table. And I'm almost sure there are no such plugins that can recover a deleted section on your forums.
No PM support
My YouTube
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
i mean this plugin
http://mods.mybb.com/view/undo-delete
[Image: signature.php?uid=3]
I don't know if this makes a difference, but I need to recover the messages that were in the forum, not the forum itself. The messages could be placed in any of the other forums.

I have a feeling this is possible via direct query of the database, along with editing a field that that says where the message goes. I assume there is no automatic packing after deletion.
Unless you have a server back-up, no.
Delete means delete, so as Uncontrol said, unless you, or your host, has a backup with this data in it, then it's gone.
MyReactions - All Plugins

Can you still feel the butterflies?

Free never tasted like pudding.
To my understanding, posts are stored in the MYSQL database. So unless you have a backup of that, it's gone forever.
(2010-11-11, 08:10 PM)TonyMontana Wrote: To my understanding, posts are stored in the MYSQL database. So unless you have a backup of that, it's gone forever.
Just to clarify, the database is still there. The MyBB is still there. The other forums are still there.

But I am contacting my host to see if they have backups.