Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved: 9 Years, 9 Months ago Is there anyway to speed up activation emails??
Solved: 9 Years, 9 Months ago
I called my hosting company and they said there's no way they can just "speed up" the emails so I guess it is a setting with mybb or something?

Because when I registered for this forum and others the activation emails arrive almost instantaneously, but for some reason on my forum they take like 30 minutes to 1 hour to arrive and this is really annoying since it turns away potential members from activity.

So is there anyway to speed up or send the activation emails faster in mybb or something?
Join us!
[Image: rotate_images.php]
Are you using PHP or SMTP for mail?
--Pyridine
PHP I believe...
Join us!
Try setting up SMTP and see if there's a difference.
--Pyridine
Where do I get the SMPT information? Do I have to ask my hosting provider for this information?

Oh and one dumb question: I forgot where/how I typed in my email address for mybb to use to mail people. Is that even done in mybb? I think I did that in my hosting control's form_mailer place but yeah just wondering.

Join us!
Hi,

(2011-01-24, 05:09 AM)zero_coke Wrote: Where do I get the SMPT information? Do I have to ask my hosting provider for this information?

you have to ask your email provider (in most cases, it's the same host provider) and configure the settings here:

admin cp > configuration > mail settings

"This section allows you to control various aspects of the MyBB mail system, such as sending with PHP mail or with a off server SMTP server."

(2011-01-24, 05:09 AM)zero_coke Wrote: Oh and one dumb question: I forgot where/how I typed in my email address for mybb to use to mail people. Is that even done in mybb? I think I did that in my hosting control's form_mailer place but yeah just wondering.

admin cp > configuration > general configuration > admin email

"The administrator's email address. This will be used for outgoing emails sent via the forums."

greets.
(2011-01-24, 05:54 AM)EviLito Wrote: Hi,

(2011-01-24, 05:09 AM)zero_coke Wrote: Where do I get the SMPT information? Do I have to ask my hosting provider for this information?

you have to ask your email provider (in most cases, it's the same host provider) and configure the settings here:

admin cp > configuration > mail settings

"This section allows you to control various aspects of the MyBB mail system, such as sending with PHP mail or with a off server SMTP server."

(2011-01-24, 05:09 AM)zero_coke Wrote: Oh and one dumb question: I forgot where/how I typed in my email address for mybb to use to mail people. Is that even done in mybb? I think I did that in my hosting control's form_mailer place but yeah just wondering.

"The administrator's email address. This will be used for outgoing emails sent via the forums."

greets.

Ah thanks a lot!

By the way, even if my admin email is specified there in

I still had to specify it in my hosting control center's web mailer place too for some reason. Not that it makes a difference now, just saying Smile

Thanks again for posting!

Join us!
SMTP Configurations:
Mail Handler: SMTP Mail
SMTP hostname: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP port: 465
SMTP username: Put in the registered e-mail account
SMTP password: Put in the registered password
SMTP Encryption Mode: TLS encryption
Yeah, tried that, still doesn't work Sad Oh well..Thanks!
Join us!
Can you try this test script and see if the email sent through this is immediate or delayed
http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Help:Mail

(2011-01-24, 06:15 AM)Yaldaram Wrote: SMTP Configurations:
Mail Handler: SMTP Mail
SMTP hostname: smtp.gmail.com
SMTP port: 465
SMTP username: Put in the registered e-mail account
SMTP password: Put in the registered password
SMTP Encryption Mode: TLS encryption

(2011-01-24, 06:42 AM)zero_coke Wrote: Yeah, tried that, still doesn't work Sad Oh well..Thanks!

These settings are for a gmail account or a domain using google apps email, they won't work on every domain and definitely not if you don't have a gmail/google apps account.
If you want to use these then either get a gmail account or host your email on google apps.