Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solved: 10 Years, 7 Months, 1 Week ago is it neccessary to "Find Updated Templates" after upgrading 163?
Solved: 10 Years, 7 Months, 1 Week ago

i have already upgrade my forum.

the instructions says,

Once the upgrade has completed, visit the Templates & Style area of your ACP – click on Templates on the left and go to the “[b]Find Updated Templates”. [/b]

i've clicked Find Updated Templates but i don't know what to do next, any help?
i'm only using the default theme and nothing else. is there anything i must do?
No, you don't have to do any thing. Its just to ensure you that there are 3 templates have been edited.
- headerinclude
- index_boardstats
- forumdisplay_threadlist.
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
Yes, because the option Mark All Forums as Read on index page would show you the error without editing the necessary changes in the templates.
(2011-04-19, 11:10 AM)crazy4cs Wrote: Yes, because the option Mark All Forums as Read on index page would show you the error without editing the necessary changes in the templates.

It´s the same URL code to "Subscribe to this thread" Fix

http://community.mybb.com/post-617627.html

Find the template with that link and add to the end of href:

&my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}

In forumdisplay_threadlist, find:
<span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="misc.php?action=markread&amp;fid={$fid}">{$lang->markforum_read}</a> | <a href="usercp2.php?action={$add_remove_subscription}subscription&amp;type=forum&amp;fid={$fid}&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}">{$add_remove_subscription_text}</a>{$clearstoredpass}</strong></span>

Replace with:
<span class="smalltext"><strong><a href="misc.php?action=markread&amp;fid={$fid}{$post_code_string}">{$lang->markforum_read}</a> | <a href="usercp2.php?action={$add_remove_subscription}subscription&amp;type=forum&amp;fid={$fid}&amp;my_post_key={$mybb->post_code}">{$add_remove_subscription_text}</a>{$clearstoredpass}</strong></span>

In index_boardstats, find:
<a href="misc.php?action=markread">{$lang->markread}</a> |

Replace with:
<a href="misc.php?action=markread{$post_code_string}">{$lang->markread}</a> |

In headerinclude, find:
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/general.js?ver=1600"></script>

Replace with:
<script type="text/javascript" src="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/jscripts/general.js?ver=1603"></script>
Sorry to hijack this thread, but the update totally killed my copy of "Apart 1". It looks a lot like the MyBB Default now, except different. Go here and use the dropdown to Apart 1 to see what I mean.

http://37project.org/index.php

This didn't happen for any of my other themes. What went wrong? And how can I fix it? It was pretty heavily edited so I'd hate to have to reinstall it.
thanks for the replies.

although i'm just using the default theme i did replaced the files forumdisplay_threadlist, headerinclude, showthread and etc..

my forum seems to be alright though but must i expect something will go wrong along?
(2011-04-19, 04:08 PM)Reece Wrote: Sorry to hijack this thread, but the update totally killed my copy of "Apart 1". It looks a lot like the MyBB Default now, except different. Go here and use the dropdown to Apart 1 to see what I mean.

This didn't happen for any of my other themes. What went wrong? And how can I fix it? It was pretty heavily edited so I'd hate to have to reinstall it.

Go to your themes global.css in the ACP and save it.
(2011-04-19, 04:19 PM)AJS Wrote:
(2011-04-19, 04:08 PM)Reece Wrote: Sorry to hijack this thread, but the update totally killed my copy of "Apart 1". It looks a lot like the MyBB Default now, except different. Go here and use the dropdown to Apart 1 to see what I mean.

Go to your themes global.css in the ACP and save it.

Wow, perfect! Thanks a lot! Smile
I performed the template edits as described above, but my "mark all forums read" button still produces this message:

Authorization code mismatch. Are you accessing this function correctly? Please go back and try again.

EDIT: I think I fixed it. I just remembered that I added this link to my welcome member template so I changed the bit there also! It still didn't work as described above, I had to add this link: http://www.7173mustangs.com/misc.php?act...ostkeyhere But it works now!! Anyone know if this is ok?
MyBB 1.8.22 (x4)
7173Mustangs.com, pa2a.org, pazrt.com & paguntalk.com