Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MyBB Forum: ShoveHost Forum
I wanted to?
Because most of my customers will go for my free forum hosting, so how do I make money off of them besides ads on their sites and my site?
Exactly. In the future I might remove the ads, or if the ads don't end up very profitable, I will remove them.
But for now they stay. Any OTHER suggestions?
or just go to tikolah and there are no ads + great support. How much experience do you have in configuring PHP, sql and looking and sorting out errors?
No comment on that last question there.
I am looking for suggestins about how my forum/site works and looks, not about my hosting service.
BTW, the main site shovehost.com should be at least partially functional now!
1) The MyBB and phpBB images in Index have distorted borders. Make them blend to the background.
2) You have 4 packages, but whichever "Order" link i click, it only selects "unlimited" account as default.
3) In multiforums hosting, you charge $5 per mod install and $5 to $10 for mod install. Why would someone go with that, when there are others who do it for free. Also you charge $5 to change to a different logo. Consider if a person has no money and starts a forum with our free service, how can he change his logo without paying you. So its not a free host anymore (who can run a forum without even a logo)?
4) Under the unlimited plan description bandwidth is mis-spelt as "bandwidht".
(2011-05-18, 07:28 AM)kavin Wrote: 1) The MyBB and phpBB images in Index have distorted borders. Make them blend to the background.
2) You have 4 packages, but whichever "Order" link i click, it only selects "unlimited" account as default.
3) In multiforums hosting, you charge $5 per mod install and $5 to $10 for mod install. Why would someone go with that, when there are others who do it for free. Also you charge $5 to change to a different logo. Consider if a person has no money and starts a forum with our free service, how can he change his logo without paying you. So its not a free host anymore (who can run a forum without even a logo)?
4) Under the unlimited plan description bandwidth is mis-spelt as "bandwidht".

The entire thing just looks like a scam/fail to me...
Yeah, that graphic is terrible, (I'm terrible at graphics).
I will be getting a few new graphics soon to spruce it up.
I am aware that it selects the unlimited plan when you click any of them, I basically just need to create 3 additional forms to fix that, and I haven't got around to it.
Yeah, the free forum mod install prices are stupid, I'll change those and give people free installs.
Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate it.
(2011-05-18, 01:43 PM)shovenose Wrote: Yeah, that graphic is terrible, (I'm terrible at graphics).
I will be getting a few new graphics soon to spruce it up.
I am aware that it selects the unlimited plan when you click any of them, I basically just need to create 3 additional forms to fix that, and I haven't got around to it.
Yeah, the free forum mod install prices are stupid, I'll change those and give people free installs.
Thank you for your feedback. I really appreciate it.

+rep for listening to suggestions. Hope you will execute them too. Good luck. Smile
Well, OK, so I fixed those things, but the big image is not showing because i changed the name lol...I am working on a nice WordPress-based site with perfection, I will post a link here when I'm getting closer to completion. I will also make the free forum hosting have more features, and I will give people many free mod installs and stuff.
I am also going to narrow down the hosting plans to 3 of them, and turn the unlimited one into something not unlimited because unlimited is obviously never possible.