Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RSHub.NET
I've already started on a new theme, I think it looks pretty good so far.

Let me know what you guys think.

http://rshub.net
It's boring and the same in my opinion, market forums has the same header along with the other sites mentioned, get someone to do it for you, dynixel or someone, Andrez is also very good. They understand theming alot more than the average user.

Custom theme is the way to go not pre made ones anymore Sad
This user has been denied support. This user has been denied support.
(2011-05-18, 04:40 PM)Civil Engineer Wrote: Just my two cents in terms of the theme. It seems like everyone is trying to make their design layout the same as hackforums.. b/w marketforums, The Elites runescape forum and now yours.. It would be nice to see something original.

Just because my forum uses the same background doesn't make it anything like HF. I honestly don't see how you could state that Rune Gears theme is similar to HF.

Also, I wish you the best OP, good luck with your forum.
Runegear's theme is getting more unique as the days go by.
(2011-05-18, 08:57 PM)The Elite Wrote:
(2011-05-18, 04:40 PM)Civil Engineer Wrote: Just my two cents in terms of the theme. It seems like everyone is trying to make their design layout the same as hackforums.. b/w marketforums, The Elites runescape forum and now yours.. It would be nice to see something original.

Just because my forum uses the same background doesn't make it anything like HF. I honestly don't see how you could state that Rune Gears theme is similar to HF.

Also, I wish you the best OP, good luck with your forum.

Thanks, I really appreciate it.

And to whomever said forget premade themes, that's exactly what I'm doing. What I have up right now is 100% my work. I realize it's not the best, but it's what I've managed to get done in a few hours since I was home sick today.
Yes i said that, why don't you get a pro designer to do it? It has a good short name.
You've had this site up for a really long time now Alex, did you like take a break for a while and stop promoting it?

I really don't see how MF looks like HF either, but hey ho every MyBB forum gets accused of copying HF, so it's nothing new. I actually liked your previous theme, though it had obvious similarities with others but it was very nice to look at.

I suggest running some contests to bring some members (even if it's leachers) to your site. Maybe a pay2post contest, or a post 2 host contest (I know you had a hosting company recently).
(2011-05-19, 09:38 AM)itheme Wrote: Yes i said that, why don't you get a pro designer to do it? It has a good short name.

(2011-05-20, 10:42 AM)Anxiety Wrote: You've had this site up for a really long time now Alex, did you like take a break for a while and stop promoting it?

I really don't see how MF looks like HF either, but hey ho every MyBB forum gets accused of copying HF, so it's nothing new. I actually liked your previous theme, though it had obvious similarities with others but it was very nice to look at.

I suggest running some contests to bring some members (even if it's leachers) to your site. Maybe a pay2post contest, or a post 2 host contest (I know you had a hosting company recently).

1. I don't want to spend anymore money than I actually need to.
2. It gives me a chance to learn how to do things myself.

I'd much rather learn everything myself and be able to do it time after time than to pay someone to do it every single time I need to create a new theme. The Elite and the Dynaxl guy (from what I've seen) are awesome, but they're obviously not free. Toungue

And yeah Anxiety, I've had it up for awhile. I was working hard from the beginning but school happened to get in the way and pretty much stopped it. Instead of closing it like everything else I do, I wanted to make a change and continue working on it once school was done, which will be next week. I'm not going to just throw away this project. Whether it be a few months or a few years until people start joining, I won't take it down.
Well as long as you have good hosting good luck to you Smile. It's a good domain name, and I can see you'll soon be having your own server right? That always brings members.
(2011-05-21, 12:35 AM)Anxiety Wrote: Well as long as you have good hosting good luck to you Smile. It's a good domain name, and I can see you'll soon be having your own server right? That always brings members.

Yeah, I was really happy when I got a hold of the domain like several months ago because it was short and to the point. I'm currently hosting the website on a 8GB VPS and I haven't really had any issues with the provider since I've had it which is good. And yes, we'll soon have the server online once we get the other VPS to host it, I'm hoping that will bring a lot of traffic, like you said, it usually always does.