Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tutorial: Adding Extra Function Buttons to the Editor v2
Thank you it helps me alot Smile
This is extremely helpful and I've started using the tutorial with no issues. I do have one question that hopefully someone can assist with though. Using this tutorial, the new buttons are given closing tabs (such as [/spoiler] for example). I wanted to add the horizontal line code to the editor ([*hr]). But it doesn't require a closing code. Adding that button to the menu following this tutorial creates an unnecessary closing tag. Is there a way to modify that button's code specifically so it doesn't generate a closing tag?
How would you do this with a plugin? I'm using a spoiler plugin.
[Image: mybbsig.php]

[Image: 38530.png]
This plugin is not connected to the MyCode system in any way. What it does is inserts the tag specified between the []. The rest is the parser's work.
[Image: MaDuhur.png]
by Dukhor, IcyBoards Community Forums
Edit: Please delete.
What would the code be for a spoiler? like [spoiler] text here [/spoiler] how could you do that?

It didnt work. using mybb 1.6.9 latest one out. I used notepad++ for editing. I checked 3 times. can you make a video tut using cam studio or something.
When I did this my whole editor bar disappeared.

I'm having trouble reading this, but I'll add something anyway. When I opened my forum I added a spoiler button but the problem was the message window is not wide enough to display another button. So, I put it on the upper row. See attached. Then it showed up.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

What if I didn't want an image for the button, but instead to display text to make it much simpler? How would I do that?
[Image: 2195oba.png]