MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: ModS' site suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

As far as I understand there is a new website in the working for mods.
I would really find very useful if we could sort the listed addons by number of downloads, author, user rating, version, etc.

What I'm actually trying to say is that some filtering functions when looking for addons would be really useful and community ratings are always a plus when it comes to choosing.

Also, I think Plugin authors should have the possibility to reply in their own Reviews sections, or that could be completely transformed in a proper automated support forum were users could directly ask for support and address issues to the developer.

By automated I mean automatically created with the upload and approval of the plugin, which would replace the review section, it could also be set up to contain some predefined topics such as General Rules in Support Forums, General Review topic or whatever.

I am not sure if this forum-feature would be very troublesome in regard to keeping user content up to some standars, but making the developer a Moderator of the forum seems to be a good ideea.

Moreover, I think that presenting some screenshots of the plugins should be mandatory, let alone themes. These should also be put on top of the page, rather than it's footer and opening them should also be handled by a nice javascript (lots and lots out there).

For the themes also, I would suggest that the interactive Theme Switcher would provide a direct download link and also change the theme without having to press the go button Smile

And on the theme page it could be added it's own link for preview in the Theme Switcher, even in the main list, after Downloads it could be the Preview column which contains the preview link in the TS.

Going back to ratings again: these could be useful to create some lists such as top downloads&authors overall and in each category as well.

What do you think about what I've rambled so far? Smile
Perhaps you should wait until we actually release the wiki page for the new Mods site so that you can see what we've done before suggesting more Wink Most of that is already, in one form or another, in there.
Patience is a virtue.
I really do hope it will be more accessible than this one.

On a side note, I think the whole MyBB website could use a revamp Toungue
(2011-12-07, 08:35 PM)rubsone Wrote: [ -> ]Patience is a virtue.

BLASPHEMY
(2011-12-07, 08:35 PM)rubsone Wrote: [ -> ]Patience is a virtue.

Maybe when MyBB 2.0 is releases, they can create blog, wiki, ideas and downloads plugins to unite all the site into the forum :p

I see not problem with any part of the mybb community, just the mod site.
All the sites are already united. Login to any of them with your forum username and password.
I think I'm more refering to design, rather than functionality (except the MODs section for now) and the placement on the page for some items - visibility Toungue
I gotta say that the one thing I think a MODs site needs is required links to the support thread for a plugin! Do you know how much time I have waster searching for plugin support threads?
(2011-12-07, 09:37 PM)RocketFoot Wrote: [ -> ]I gotta say that the one thing I think a MODs site needs is required links to the support thread for a plugin! Do you know how much time I have waster searching for plugin support threads?

Agreed. Also, adding some sort of comment system on the mod page and possibly integrating the support thread with that comment system would be cool.
Like I said, wait and see. Pirata is doing an awesome job on the new site Wink
Pages: 1 2 3