MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Showcase too much rejection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Too many forums in the showcase do not follow guidelines, it's too annoying, both to see closed threads as to see how dumb people are.

Maybe there should be infractions on it ?
Am I the only one being bothered.
A) It's not vBulletin so it's warnings, not infractions Toungue
B) I'd be all for needing thread approval in the Showcase. I'll see what other staff have to say.
(2012-03-29, 07:48 PM)Paul H. Wrote: [ -> ]B) I'd be all for needing thread approval in the Showcase. I'll see what other staff have to say.

Well atleast getting the useless ones out of there to a trash forum would help.
But approval would be great yeah.
* Josh H. thinks bumping should be changed a bit
* Josh H. doesn't like how a thread is buried in 2 weeks or less when no one cares to reply
^ yes, you should be allowed to bump whenever you have news or updates to bring.
Perhaps a time between bumps limit instead of a bump limit?
Time between is a great idea. 30 days after you've exceeded the amount of bumps you're allowed.
Yeah... I agree. When your thread is buried, it thereafter defeats the point of a showcase thread.

Time between would be good, maybe 3 weeks. One month seems a bit long, but 3 weeks is good for stopping excessive bumping, but also for keeping active exposure of the community in question!
Yes, bump periods are needed. Mine was closed after I bumped five times in a three month period.
I agree with bumps part. Its sad to see one's thread being closed after 5 concurrent self replies. Its not his mistake if anyone did not replied to his thread. There shouldn't be such a bump limit, or if yes, at least 5 bumps/3 weeks should fulfill the needs.
Pages: 1 2 3