MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: {$post['profilelink']} color
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Why does {$post['profilelink']} in postbit_classic displays the name with the group/rank color, but search_results_posts_post doesn't? Same happens with the username in the lastpost column.
Am I missing a bit somewhere or do I have to write a plugin to always show the user name with the user color?
Patrick let me get this right.... I think I understand what your wanting Wink

Ok so your asking if the user can have a colour in the name
When viewing a thread, the username has a color (from the group or rank, I don't know because I didn't look into those features yet), but the last post in the forum list and the posts in the search results don't have the username colored.
I'd like the username to be colored at any time.
Oh there is away

example: postbit, memberlist, profile

the color remains the same using html colour in usergroups for that group
That doesn't work:

postbit: {$post['profilelink']}
<a href="member.php?action=profile&amp;uid=1"><span style="color: green;"><strong><em>patrick</em></strong></span></a>

search_results_posts_post: {$post['profilelink']}
<a href="member.php?action=profile&amp;uid=1">patrick</a>

the same tag gives different output.

profile uses {$formattedname}, but that doesn't output anything in search results.
the only thing I can help you is this

edit user group registered

user group style example for purple

Acp>Users & Groups>Registered>edit>Username Style>
<span style="color: Purple;"><strong><em>{username}</em></strong></span>

now you can use instead of Purple
<span style="color: #800080;"><strong><em>{username}</em></strong></span>
I think you've misunderstood my question. I don't want to change the color. I want the color to be used at any time.
what color?
By default, for example any admin has his user color in green. Within the topic view, his username is in green, but in the search results, or lastpost, his username doesn't have any color (it's like any normal link).
I think this might help:
http://mods.mybboard.net/view/username-style

I don't know whether it adds the style to the search results though. ;o
Pages: 1 2 3