MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Archive mode as theme?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
When I got tired of users coming off of Google viewing the forum in Archive mode, I disabled it several months ago.

However, I now release the tremendous impact it can have on SEO, and would like to enable it again, but in a different way.

In the Spiders / Bots section of the ACP, I see I can assign a theme to a bot, however Archive mode isn't a theme.

So my request is that someone make a theme that is exactly like Archive mode, so I can assign it to the search bots. And I mean exactly Smile

My attempt at it was kinda poor, so here I am asking lol. I think it would be better if this thing were integrated as core though, or maybe a plugin made to add the option.

Thanks!
Bump Sad
Interesting...

* Jessie S. prepares for a new project.
* lucasbytegenius says Jessie S. is beyond awesome.
Do you really mean exactly like the archive mode? No images at all and minimal code?
(2011-07-05, 12:51 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Do you really mean exactly like the archive mode? No images at all and minimal code?

Yes, exactly. No images, because the intention is to make this load as fast as possible. That also means no JavaScript as well Smile
I'll get started can't garentee I'll be finished anytime soon though.
(2011-07-05, 02:31 AM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]I'll get started can't garentee I'll be finished anytime soon though.

That's ok Smile I'm just glad you chose to work on it Cool It's probably going to be the most ugliest theme ever, but it will do its job lol.
Haha yeah your right, I started last night and its coming along... or, I mean its getting worse?
(2011-07-05, 06:03 PM)Jessie S. Wrote: [ -> ]Haha yeah your right, I started last night and its coming along... or, I mean its getting worse?

Haha, I suppose so! lol. You should have seen my attempt at it xD
Pages: 1 2 3