MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to upgrade
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I wonder how to upgrade 1.6.3 to 1.6.4
so when i download new 1.6.4 script and upload it in the ftp what is next
go to browser and install it like www.example.com/install.php or something else.
and after upgrading what happened with my members and post.
Download 1.6.4 and re-upload the files. Then go to ./install/upgrade.php and follow the instructions. Your members and posts will all be kept. For more detailed information see the Wiki: http://wiki.mybb.com/index.php/Upgrading
any other instruction do i must switch forum offline when i do upgrade
and also do i must also switch all plugin off becouse some people say they are not switchin off any plugin in upgrade proces also do i must backup it all my forum files.
Switching it off should be enough to stop users to access the front end, but the most recommended method would be to block access from a htaccess file. Deactivating all plugins is also recommended. And yes, you should backup your forum in case anything goes wrong.
how to switch off your forum’s front end using .htacees file?
and then how to reopen the forum?
(2011-07-28, 03:40 PM)sunjava1 Wrote: [ -> ]how to switch off your forum’s front end using .htacees file?
and then how to reopen the forum?

Yes i want know to
Faviouz Thank You for fast and excelent support
reply faviouz
Create a file called .htaccess with this content and upload it to your forum root:

Deny from all

Create another file called .htaccess with this content and upload it to your ./install/ directory:

Allow from all

This will block all access to all pages except the ./install/ directory which is required to upgrade. It should work just fine. After creating the files, go to ./install/upgrade.php and upgrade. When you're finished upgrading, you should delete both of these files.
Thankx alot
Should I create these files where the red arrow is or the green arrow?

[attachment=25607]
Pages: 1 2