MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Adding download resume ability to attachments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hi Dudes,

here almost all users have slow connections (about 4-5 KB/s), so they rely on download managers for downloading their files.
but unfortunately attachments in MyBB doesn't support resuming function for downloaders; so if their connection broke during download, they had to clear their browser cache and redownload all the file again. Undecided
we're looking for a way to make attachments resumable,

any idea?

and thanks in advance

My forum : animpark.ir
You've to request a custom plugin to get this feature.
any developer want money.
and I live in iran and it's mean is i can't pay any $ to anybody out of iran Sad
Because Usa government has problem with iranian government and We ( People ) boycott from any global thing Sad
(2011-07-28, 05:32 PM)Yaldaram Wrote: [ -> ]You've to request a custom plugin to get this feature.

iirc, when i looked into this before, it would take more than a plugin. core edits would be required as well.

You're right pavemen. I was thinking some thing like before when I was making a downloads manager for my own site and I found many edits for it to work.
I added this to 2.0 suggestions forum!

thanks for attentions
any way for add resume capability for attached files ? HuhHuh

or change attached system to make this feature ?
It is really not all that complex, just a matter of 10-15 minutes and some php headers/coding - however core edits will be needed. I might be able to dedicate some time to this tomorrow.

If anyone else wants to do this before me you must only do some research on range headers and skipping bytes where the file is read. (around 4-8 lines of custom edits in total)
Thank you SentoWeb .

I'm waiting for your help
Pages: 1 2 3 4