MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The fastest and most optimised forum you've seen
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
[Note: The thread title should say "fastest designed", since it's the design of the forum, not the server/db that has been optimized]

http://www.rightsfortenants.co.uk/forum/

This has a Google page speed score of 99/100 (somebody must have / could have beaten that)

And has a non-cached page load of between 400-900ms (sometimes goes up to about 1.4s if the server is under stress)
http://tools.pingdom.com/?url=http://www...save=false

Its very stripped down, but acts as a wicked fast forum... that's why I love myBB. Its easy to get into the code and hack around

.. thanks myBB

page speed: 99/100 >> see here (I'll minify the html soon)
yslow: Grade A, Overall performance score 96
page load: 400-900ms (but this figure is server dependent and not what I'm demonstrating)

You have 8 posts and 15 members, of course it's going to be quite fast.
nah... look at the yslow and page speed scores...

I've only just created it. It will always be fast, but admittedly is empty right now
... still it's speedy, you cant deny it

I dont think there is a fourm yet designed that can beat those scores
.. MyBB is fast, but MY MyBB is the fastest yet Smile (Until someone posts their faster one Sad )

Which forum should I choose for perfomance: MyBB
Which forum type is the fastest: MyBB (certainly once customised)
Is there an example of this fast customised MyBB .... now let me think about that Smile

... the only way I can top this, is to have another CDN network for my images / scripts
So what's the point of the "fastest and most optimized" when you have little to no traffic.
Oh.. the envy Big Grin , did you ever create a forum?

If so, you might have been in a situation where the first day you completed it, there were no posts and no content and no inbound links

.. that is my next task, but the forum is finally (and only just) complete

.. Now stop this with the posts / traffic argument (it has only just been completed), hence "showcased" as the fastest forum you've seen!
(2011-07-28, 09:36 PM)Tenants Wrote: [ -> ]Oh.. the envy Big Grin , did you ever create a forum?

What reason does he have to envy your forum? It has no content, no activity and is unorganized.

(2011-07-28, 09:36 PM)Tenants Wrote: [ -> ]If so, you might have been in a situation where the first day you completed it, there were no posts and no content and no inbound links

.. that is my next task, but the forum is finally (and only just) complete

Then why advertise it? Get some decent content before advertising.

(2011-07-28, 09:36 PM)Tenants Wrote: [ -> ].. Now stop this with the posts / traffic argument (it has only just been completed), hence "showcased" as the fastest forum you've seen!

It's not the fastest forum I have ever seen. I'm sure others will agree.
Quote: It's not the fastest forum I have ever seen. I'm sure others will agree.
=> (good, a comment that wasn't an attempt to derail the thread)

Show me a forum with better google page and yslow scores and I'll agree

It's on a shared server, but the design work done makes it as good as it can be for the server

Of course a faster server will get better results. But is there a better designed forum for performance (looking at the performance scores... You do know how to do this, right?)

I haven't seen one, but I hope someone posts links to some forums that have been designed to be even faster (and maybe give some ideas for tweaks Wink ) ... I'm doubtful this will happen though, I have reason to believe this is as designed for performance as it gets (bar the CDN for images / scripts)

There isn't a forum this optimised, since there are quite a few customisations to this particular forum
Although it does look very bland... but it was performance that I was first targeting (hence the title of the thread) , and I believe I've done it. This is as designed for performance as it gets!
Get a forum as big as one of us "Big Board Owners", then let's see you keep that up.

It's an empty forum, don't be over confident. Empty forums are of course fast.

Too bad it's just one of the worse forums I've ever seen. The icons, the text colors, doesn't match anything.

And the over design is just so bland.
You have a super quick site with no visitors, well done.
Oh dear... I'm not getting much of a positive response...

Bland, I agree it's bland
(I have to make it 'look better' at some point)

<cries> Sad

It's the speed I was hoping someone would notice (the design speed .. not due to the load / content / users / server ...)

That's all I've done so far, is work on the how optimised a myBB forum can be for speed (yet still act as a forum)... and I think its peeked (for performance design)

... oh dear, I think I'm in for a flurry of content/user/look critics (I only wanted to show off how well it was designed for speed).
I should never have opened my mouth

I'm still waiting for this list of "faster designed forums with higher google page speed scores and higher yslow scores"
Pages: 1 2 3 4