MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: help needed with mybb
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Good evening I installed the software onto my hosting company and i able to access the login for admin through the following link

http://barkparks.org/fourm/upload/admin/index.php

problem is once i log on i have verified the settings but every time i try to create a forum or a sub forum or even try to change the color or theme it keeps asking me to log in as i move through each of the tabs on the admin dashboard i keep having to re log in with each click. On creating a forum i click the save at the bottom ask's me yet again for a log in. I log in and it brings me right back to the same page with the info i was trying to save is deleted and no new forum is created. I am beginning to think this is a problem with the mybb forum builder kit, I had a tech guy log on and try to figure it out and he came up with this:

I keep re-entering my uid/pwd i.e its not saving my logon credentials and I have to keep resupplying them for every operation I attempt. This suggests to me that this non-persistence may be a symptom of the same, underlying, problem. It is likely that when trying to carry out a save action, the ID/Pwd combination which it requires to authenticate your request isnt available from whereever the app looks for it. So, why is it not retaining the uid/pwd supplied? It is highly likely that the forumapp is the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions and please do not refer me to that sticky thread about the cookies, I have tried all of that. Please post if you can help me figure this out if your willing to pm me i can allow you access to login to the admin account for my forum builder and maybe we can figure it out that way. Sorry not trying to be a pain just seriously cant figure this thing out to save my life,

Please advise
Jayliquid
Edit : Malcolm's below response is precise Smile

it appears to be a problem with CHMOD settings of the admin directory (AND may be its files)
You have set your cookie path to /forum/, but have uploaded MyBB to /forum/upload/

You were supposed to upload the contents of the upload folder to /forum/, not the actual folder.

And how do i change this?
(2011-07-29, 07:53 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]You have set your cookie path to /forum/, but have uploaded MyBB to /forum/upload/

You were supposed to upload the contents of the upload folder to /forum/, not the actual folder.

Well the way i have been going to the admin log in screen is in the upload folder, then into the admin folder and i am clicking the index thats why it is showing that path

^ your installation files need to be moved AND also settings need to be changed !!
(2011-07-29, 08:05 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]^ your installation files need to be moved AND also settings need to be changed !!

Ok so how do i do this you want me to delete the installation folder?

please tell me what to do and I will go into my file manager and change whatever needs to be changed.
Move everything from /upload/ back a directory to /forum/
Edit : not seen Malcolm's response Smile

Don't delete anything !!
move the contents from upload directory to its above level directory (forum)
AND edit config.php & settings.php in inc folder with correct paths
(2011-07-29, 08:14 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]Edit : not seen Malcolm's response Smile

Don't delete anything !!
move the contents from upload directory to its above level directory (forum)
AND edit config.php & settings.php in inc folder with correct paths

ok and the correct path would be? and this would solve my log in issue/ not beiing able to save anything?

It seems that settings are correct. By the looks of it all you need to do is move the contents of /upload/ to /forum/
Pages: 1 2 3