MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lets Talk: Moderator Control Panel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Other tasks have been taken into consideration, and ranked higher in implementation process than a MCP. This is however an idea we're looking into including into a future version of MyBB, their's just been allot of debate between the staff at how it should be implemented, and in what version we should include it.
Meaning also there are people on the staff (like me) who DESPISE moderator control panels.
were admin's can set what the Moderator's get in there Moderator Control Panel
is there a date set for this yet
Tazfan, No, read what Tikitiki said. It's under consideration.
I think there isn't really a need for staff control panel as long as all the staff specific actions can be integrated into the normal view, without cluttering the normal interface for staff.

In 3 years I have been staff of a big forum powered by IPB, I have used staff cp just few times and that was for editing signatures of some members, for deleting multiple topics, or for approving/disapproving topics. I still wish, the link to edit a signature could be found in "member's profile" instead of having me use a so-called staff CP. I like the way how it already is in MyBB; makes moderation faster!
Christian Wrote:Tazfan, No, read what Tikitiki said. It's under consideration.

yep I now that is there any time when it could be out with one of the mybb updats
Chris Boulton Wrote:- Moderators can specify timed bans (24hours - setable by the Admin?) for user accounts as well as an accompanying reason.

I love this idea! It'd also be great if you'd include this in the Admin permissions too next version.
but i do think there should be this staff panel as most of the people of mybb staff saying no well what about the community but i do like the idea.
With the request to add a Mod CP, we aren't asking to get rid of the inline mod operations. Just with a Mod CP it opens the door to related requests such as giving mods some more autonomy over the boards they manage.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8