MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Will my current theme work with 1.6?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can anyone tell me if my current theme that I am running on 1.4 will work if I upgrade to 1.6?

my url: texasgundogclub.com
Yes it will. You'll just need to add postbit reputation button, and dropdown arrow to navigation.
There's a lot more than the rep button and the dropdown arrow in navigation. Run the "Find Updated Templates" tool in your Admin CP and revert all returned templates to original (beware of your custom modifications, it looks a like a nice simple theme though).
faviouz,

what is the purpose of reverting all returned templates to original? I am working on limited knowledge. Smile
I know that, but that's the 2 images that need to be added manually. Reverting templates won't help until they're present.
It will revert the template to the original theme's code, which contains the new features in MyBB 1.6.
a simple suggestion : install myBB latest version in your local computer OR on a test board ; add some
topics ; export your 1.4 theme with templates & import it on 1.6 version AND test it ; copy it to make
another theme AND revert the copied theme's templates to original AND see the difference ...
Anybody wanna do this for me to make a little extra money?
^ well, if you are not in a hurry, I can do that .. (in a week)
I'll be glad to do this for free. PM me the theme XML file and the images.

You'll need to upload it to a file hosting website though, there are currently no attachments in private messages (there will most likely be in MyBB 2.0 though).
Pages: 1 2