MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Warning to All
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Someone is currently going around and hacking people's boards. 2 of mine have been hacked, one of which I have managed to recover, the other I can't.

So just be on your toes people!
Protoman Wrote:Someone is currently going around and hacking people's boards. 2 of mine have been hacked, one of which I have managed to recover, the other I can't.

Hi Protoman,
Could you please send me your site's full raw logs via PM? I will be glad to forward this to the proper people.
If there's an unpatched exploit in MyBB then any information you could provide to help us identify the problem and provide a patch would be appreciated.
Thanks for the heads up, I'm running the latest version but I will be backing up my database. Smile
I also advise backing up your database, at least once a day until this dies down.
kodaks Wrote:
Protoman Wrote:Someone is currently going around and hacking people's boards. 2 of mine have been hacked, one of which I have managed to recover, the other I can't.

Hi Protoman,
Could you please send me your site's full raw logs via PM? I will be glad to forward this to the proper people.

I can give you the report for one, but the other, my root account got deleted too.

I'm not sure what the exploit was. But it happened just before I'd upgraded to 1.1.4.
Protoman Wrote:
kodaks Wrote:

Hi Protoman,

I can give you the report for one, but the other, my root account got deleted too.

I'm not sure what the exploit was. But it happened just before I'd upgraded to 1.1.4.

Could you send me a copy as well. Thanks
This might be an old exploit then since it happened just before you upgraded.
And just think some poeple were like why should I upgrade. Big Grin This is why, if you don't then something bad might happen. Toungue
Well we don't have any information about these hackings at the moment. We're still waiting for access logs to be sent in so that we can investigate these unfortunate incidents. Please PM the access logs to me, or another staff member.
Pages: 1 2