MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need some SEO help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I only have 2 forums to compete with. I am the 3rd one on the subject. It should be relatively easy for me to be on page 1 of Google. However, I am on page 2... What can I do to solve this issue? I already have all sorts of plugins, tags, etc...
There's no issue here and there's no exact fix either. SEO is a relative thing. Installing all sorts of plugins is not gonna get you first place on search rankings. You have to slowly work on it. Internal links, external links, social media advertising, fresh unique content, keyword-rich titles, submit your sites to directories, sitemaps...

There are literally tons of articles available on the web. Read them, you'll have a much better understanding on what to do.
I am currently relying on members I 'stole' from another forum. Currently they have chosen to boycott my forum. This has made me realize I need to do some heavy SEO.

What I have done so far.

-Advertising via Yahoo Answers. (Very keyword rich)
-Advertising my forum on Facebook groups/pages
-Advertising via Twitter
-"Spamming" on other forums related to the subject.

I also have daily fresh content...

I get around 25 unique visitors a day (on average) with maybe 1 registering in 1 week but NOT posting... I also tried to lock the forum so guests cannot view threads without registering to maybe force them to post, all without success...

WHat is left for me?
(2011-08-13, 09:59 PM)Pankakes Wrote: [ -> ]I get around 25 unique visitors a day (on average) with maybe 1 registering in 1 week but NOT posting... I also tried to lock the forum so guests cannot view threads without registering to maybe force them to post, all without success...
There's your problem. Not only is this a terrible marketing strategy but also search engines can't crawl your content. Instead they index a useless no permission page. When you sort this out don't expect it to take effect immediately, Google needs to visit your website again. And if that doesn't work then you just have to keep working on it. Read some articles, as I already suggested.
Well, I only tried that for 5 days. and my forum is like what.. 2 months old.
SEO takes time, lots of it. You can't just start up a forum and be huge overnight. Pay for some posting to get your content up, and maybe even some long time members. Advertise well and maybe hold a competition. If you can entice people to come in the first place, there is more chance they will register and stay around for a while Wink
^Any links for sites that post on your site for money?
(2011-08-13, 10:07 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-13, 09:59 PM)Pankakes Wrote: [ -> ]I get around 25 unique visitors a day (on average) with maybe 1 registering in 1 week but NOT posting... I also tried to lock the forum so guests cannot view threads without registering to maybe force them to post, all without success...
There's your problem. Not only is this a terrible marketing strategy but also search engines can't crawl your content. Instead they index a useless no permission page. When you sort this out don't expect it to take effect immediately, Google needs to visit your website again. And if that doesn't work then you just have to keep working on it. Read some articles, as I already suggested.

Exactly. The way I figure it, better for people to see your content and decide to register and take the chance that they may just take info and leave rather than give them no info at all.

If you really want to be SEO friendly, use the plugin.

Also;

Quote:-"Spamming" on other forums related to the subject.

I believe this will only bring you negative feedback. Many boards don't like you to steal members/data.
Yes, you are right. I did got some members from other forums though.
>I also tried to lock the forum so guests cannot view threads without registering to maybe force them to post, all without success...
That kind of mindset is not advised..
Pages: 1 2