MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 1.64 Upgrade Problem from 1.63
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have my Forum on 1.63 and when i try to upgrade by following the procedure listed in Wiki i get stuck at the following screen nothing happens.....It corrupts my database if i refresh it.

have you uploaded all the files of 1.6.4 package by overwriting current installation files ?
OR is it changed files package that you have uploaded ?
(2011-08-06, 03:44 AM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]have you uploaded all the files of 1.6.4 package by overwriting current installation files ?
OR is it changed files package that you have uploaded ?

I used the changed file package from the Blog.
^ please upload all the files from the latest package overwriting earlier files AND run the upgrade script ...
I ran the upgrade package.. and I am having a problem with the Templates and Style. When I go to configure my default page..which is TheCure it was working just fine. Now it will not hold any configurations..such as the addme button and the CSS for the plugin Hide To Guests.

I rechecked the chmods and they are fine. Undecided
(2011-08-06, 03:50 AM)annaconda Wrote: [ -> ]I used the changed file package from the Blog.
Did you somehow miss this message in bold red text at the top of that blog post??

Quote:Note: you only need to read this if you upgraded to 1.6.4 before this blog post was made. If you have not upgraded yet, you will need this: http://blog.mybb.com/2011/07/26/mybb-1-6...e-release/

I'm amazed at the number of people who are still using the wrong package even after putting this notice in.

(2011-08-06, 06:28 AM)Starnova Wrote: [ -> ]I ran the upgrade package.. and I am having a problem with the Templates and Style. When I go to configure my default page..which is TheCure it was working just fine. Now it will not hold any configurations..such as the addme button and the CSS for the plugin Hide To Guests.

I rechecked the chmods and they are fine. Undecided
Please make a new thread, it's not related to this issue at all.
Sorry , I did post in the wrong thread ,. my bad Sad
So we cannot just update the change files? The link you provided states...

"Upgrading from 1.6.3 and Other Versions

Due to the size of this release and due to release errors earlier in the 1.6 series, all files need to be changed."
^ above response consists of a query AND its reply !!

AND yes, upload all files from latest download package of 1.6.4 by overwriting earlier
installed files then run the upgrade script (upgrade.php file) from ./install directory
But wouldn't it remove all my Settings from 1.63? How i am going to get my settings, Theme, etc back?
Pages: 1 2