MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I did what was on this thread: http://community.mybb.com/thread-27771.html to change hosts but after i import the database, the posts don't doesn't appear on the forum.

Can anyone help me?
Have you changed the database details in config.php?
If the database details were incorrect, he would get a SQL error because MyBB wouldn't be able to connect to the database. Unless they are actually valid but not the correct ones.

If there are no posts whatsoever on your forum, then you didn't import the database correctly, or you're not selecting the right one.
That's true.

Does it allow you to change settings and stuff in the ACP? Does it show categories/forums? If it does, then there is probably something wrong with the posts table.
Here was what i did:
1. go to phpmyadmin
2. go to the import tab
3. browsed the file and pressed go

did i do anything wrong?
That sounds right, but you didn't answer my questions. Did you just import posts, or a full mybb backup?

And:

(2011-08-06, 04:21 PM)NaXuh Wrote: [ -> ]Does it allow you to change settings and stuff in the ACP? Does it show categories/forums?
(2011-08-06, 07:47 PM)NaXuh Wrote: [ -> ]That sounds right, but you didn't answer my questions. Did you just import posts, or a full mybb backup?

And:

(2011-08-06, 04:21 PM)NaXuh Wrote: [ -> ]Does it allow you to change settings and stuff in the ACP? Does it show categories/forums?

A mybb backup plain text. Yes, it lets me edit the forums but the forums from my old forum doesn't appear.
I see. Check your config and make sure your database prefixes are the right prefix. (such as mybb_).
Sounds like you've just not imported it to the right database or your config file is pointing to a different database. Are you sure your backup was even complete??
The prefix is right, i checked. There is only one database so i cannot import it to the wrong one. Yes, the backup was complete.
Okay. The posts appeared once i changed the table prefix to nothing but then the forum turns white and there is no theme. Can't login to admin ACP too.
Pages: 1 2 3