MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Web Development Job
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Hello all,

I am planning to pursue career in Web Development. But I want to know the job scope in this field. I also would like to know the pay scale in this field. And the availability of the jobs. Can I get full time jobs....I heard that its not easy to find full time jobs.

Suggestions are welcome

Please post if you seriously want to give a suggestion/answer my questions. I am serious about this thread. Please do not troll.

Thank you

Regards
Praveer
Assuming you're talking about freelancing in web development, you can either make tons of money or barely even be able to pay your bills. It all depends on how good you are.
(2011-08-07, 03:28 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Assuming you're talking about freelancing in web development, you can either make tons of money or barely even be able to pay your bills. It all depends on how good you are.

^This. If you are really good in your works, people will suggest you to people they know. Like how when anyone ask for custom theme design, people suggest Audentio, Dynaxel, etc.
The more you get good name, more people refer their friends to you.
I am taking about full time job.....Not freelancing...
(2011-08-07, 04:22 PM)Praveer Wrote: [ -> ]I am taking about full time job.....Not freelancing...

Are you from India?
Same thing applies. If you're good, you'll get hired.

My advice is start learning as much as you can about web development. The more you know, the better.
Thanks....But some say its very difficult to get a full time job web development. There is not a constant flow of work...
@Kavin Yes I am from India.
Yes it is often hard. If you can find a web development company in your area, or online (or something like Audentio but on a bigger scale) then you may be able to geta full time position there as a designer/coder. However there are very few other companies that will employ a full time developer. EG: google, Microsoft and apple probably have full time development teams for their websites, but a smaller company will probably just hire in a freelancers to do any modifications.

1. Get good at your trade
2. Head over to a web development freelancing site
3. Profit Big Grin
During my engineering course, we got about 3-4 webdesign companies in campus interview.
Since i was an electronics guy, and since i was already placed in Mphasis, i was not allowed to participate in it. I'm sure there are a lot of offline companies where you can get a Full time job. But the pay is really low (Less than Rs. 10,000).

If you are really good in web designing and development, you can earn a lot more through online works.
Try doing some web design courses (learn online too), join in a local company so that you get a stable job and salary. Then do online jobs too (Freelance). That would get you a constant and ensured job (offline) and good earning (online).
(2011-08-07, 04:22 PM)Praveer Wrote: [ -> ]I am taking about full time job.....Not freelancing...

That's great but you got to start somewhere. A company is probably going to ask for a portfolio and well to get one of those you'll probably have to do some freelancing.

Who know's freelancing could be full time as well if you get a good enough name.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5