MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mcbain Games(Forum + Games + Adobe Tuts)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello,

Name:
Mcbain Games

Category:
Entertainment

Description:
Mcbain Games provides free online games to play, adobe tutorials on how to build a website or game, chatrooms to catch up with your friends or speak to guests and we have a forum to post what you desire!

URL:
Homepage - <snip - no adf.ly links allowed!>
Forum - <snip - no adf.ly links allowed!>

maybe you'll learn something? If it not post ideas at the forums so we can entertain you to your needs!

Thanks, all feedback & criticism is appreciated... Toungue
McbainGames.
51 members Smile
You have 6 games.
What?
http://www.mcbaingames.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=51

You're not just ignoring spammers, you're accepting them into your community. Well done.
Good:

- The actual forum theme is pretty decent.
- The share buttons on the welcome page are decent.

Bad:

- The welcome page is awful, awful colours, awful text effects.
- Your forum choices are bizarre, this is a gaming forum no? I see no sections for discussing gaming at all? Only forums for chatting or saying your favorite sport? You have too many forums which are poorly thought out and none of them are gaming-related. Start from scratch.
- Stop using gradient strokes on text. It's overused and nasty.

I tried to be as constructive as possible, but in truth your forum needs a lot of work buddy.

Rating: 1/10

Good luck. Smile
Hey Nitrus you are almost completely wrong with your suggestions which i appreciate.

-My welcome page colours are very neat looking and promote good parts of our website and obviously gets your attention which i read is one of the most important things so people stay on to look at the rest of your website.

-Yes, my forum thread could be different but this isn't all a gaming website if you read the website description it is more focused on entertainment so everything in the 'enjoyment' category, but yeah i will go add a gaming one in which i thought about doing other day but got caught up in other work.

-And i don't quite understand what you mean about gradient strokes?You mean my graphic pictures right? If so, i like to keep the site on 1 theme of colors, graphics etc so it all matches and works with each other well.

I have asked friends, guests etc to look over my website and they said it looked great so it seems you have VERY high standards if you think my website is 1/10 because you didn't say nothing about content so you didn't even give it a fair review rating.

And since you looked last Nitrus i think i made a good change to welcome page that looks way better than 3 days back you probably seen it while i was testing and modifying Smile

Members: 75 - recently deleted some bot spammers.
Newest Member - lkxmqxgmil
Posts - 189
Threads - 25

Thanks for the feedback guys and i will go have a good think about the forums Smile
If you can't take criticism, don't ask for it.
I'm not afraid of criticism just most of that was false to what everyone else has told me and experienced ones in this area Smile I do appreciate mate good to see everyone's point of view and it got me thinking and reminded me to do a couple of things, i did a little update then have a look!

www.mcbaingames.com/forum/index
You can't ask for my opinion and then tell me it's wrong, that's not how it works.

I have high standards because high standards lead to a greater chance of success, experience tells me this.
Pages: 1 2 3