MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Discuss: MyBB 1.1.5 Released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Why is necessary, to update every time the myBB latest version?

I have 1.1.2 and i do not think to upgrade, cuz I am afraid of making something wrong because I made a lot of modification on this vesion... so i will wait for next version....

PS for Chris:

Why u make everyday changes on the script, why you do not make some changes for one moths for example and then to offer us newer version of myBB.

1.1.5 is just an security update for 1.1.2, haven't you seen all the threads about hacking on here lately? If you do not upgrade this might happen to you aswell.
It's great that they upgrade whenever they find an security flaw in the soft, if not many more would be hacked.

It's just stupid not to upgrade, these are really important upgrades, a few days after I upgrade someone tried to hack me.

It's so easy to upgrade just read the readmes.
The patch releases such as 1.1.5 are intended to fix security exploits which exist in MyBB. By not upgrading, you are putting your board in serious risk of being hacked. We recommend that you update as quickly as possible.
AlbaSport.com Wrote:Why is necessary, to update every time the myBB latest version?

I have 1.1.2 and i do not think to upgrade, cuz I am afraid of making something wrong because I made a lot of modification on this vesion... so i will wait for next version....
If the MyBB Group gets aware of security risks in the code of the board we release an update to fix them. You should always use the latest version to make sure people cannot use known expoits to attack your board.
AlbaSport.com Wrote:PS for Chris:

Why u make everyday changes on the script, why you do not make some changes for one moths for example and then to offer us newer version of myBB.
A new version gets released if it is necessary because of security issues. We release an update as soon as possible to ensure that all users are safe against attacks using known exploits.
Hi again...
I add manally the changed files, from 1.1.2 to 1.1.3 to 1.1.4 than to 1.1.5.

Just for curiosity visit my site and show me some advice or try how sure is it. Big Grin

www.albasport.com
This update caused my site's layout to change... it's messed up now. There's an indent for the first forum box:

[UPDATE]

False alarm? My site randomly corrected itself. Maybe it was local on my machine.
for Eurobeat and andylkl, i register in your forum because have signalled problems with your forums, and I exclusively wanted to see if you could be for the problem signalled to chris and resolved with the 1.1.5.

I would not certainly use my nick if I wanted to create problems Big Grin
Big Grin

sorry for my English Rolleyes
mix- Wrote:True true, but every (good)softwaredeveloper knows what sql injections or whatever are and how to write secure code..

It is not possible to completely oust all bugs in a script this size.

And to those who think we release to quickly. Even vBulletin has released two versions back to back in one night.

If any of you have used vB's 2.3.x series from 2.3.0 and up you'll know they released 2.3.1 and 2.3.2 within hours of each others.

So it happens to everyone. Smile
announcing what the bugs are and how you can exploit them is the dumbest thing you can do
xiao Wrote:announcing what the bugs are and how you can exploit them is the dumbest thing you can do

You can't blame the MyBB Group for that...

Its hard to satisfy everyone. Sad

If MyBB Group do not release patches, you might still get hacked of security problems.

What I can think of, is that MyBB might want to upload more files that are not related to the patches so that it can divert the attention of those hackers to to other files and make them harder to find any exploits. However, if MyBB do so, it might patched away your Modifications again.

The most that MyBB can do is to release patches and you should update your board regularly to the updated ones.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9