MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Gender - LOL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
(2011-08-09, 05:20 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-09, 08:21 AM)- G33K - Wrote: [ -> ]I personally applaud the inclusion of the Other option in gender selection. It shows an openness and I'm sure it is appreciated by those who can not identify with either of the Male/Female genders.
Removing this imo would be a step backward.
There's only Male, and Female. It's less professional to have it. Makes it seem like you are insane.

Let's see... There are transexuals. People who are mentally born another gender. People that are born with both parts. And then there are people who aren't confortable letting people know to much on the net.
(2011-08-13, 09:24 PM)Kolton T. Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-13, 05:55 PM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-10, 01:02 AM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]Undisclosed is for people who don't want their gender shown. What if you're Androgynous and want it to be shown?

^This.
They are humans too. So, they deserve a Gender field for them.
Just as G33k said, it would be a Step back if its removed.
I apologize, I didn't give clear thought on this. I had the most simple "Male/Female - that's it" thought. Now that I'm reading comments, yeah 'Other' is useful.

Smile
+ un-disclosed. Wink
Sex is what the body is (typically limited to what body that person was born with); Gender is a sexual identity. With all the political correctness, gender and sex are synonyms in the common tongue.
(2011-08-09, 05:58 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]For humans, an androgyne (pronounced /ˈændrədʒaɪn/ an-drə-jyn) in terms of gender identity, is a person who does not fit cleanly into the typical masculine and feminine gender roles of their society. They may also use the term ambigender to describe themselves. Many androgynes identify as being mentally "between" woman and man, or as entirely genderless. They may identify as non-gendered, genderneutral, agendered, between genders, intergendered, pangender or gender fluid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Androgyny

There's always a dominant gender, legally it's just male or female.

Look at Caster Semenya, the dominant gender is female. There are no Olympic sports for a third gender.
(2011-08-16, 11:59 AM)ekerazha Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-09, 05:58 PM)Malcolm. Wrote: [ -> ]For humans, an androgyne (pronounced /ˈændrədʒaɪn/ an-drə-jyn) in terms of gender identity, is a person who does not fit cleanly into the typical masculine and feminine gender roles of their society. They may also use the term ambigender to describe themselves. Many androgynes identify as being mentally "between" woman and man, or as entirely genderless. They may identify as non-gendered, genderneutral, agendered, between genders, intergendered, pangender or gender fluid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Androgyny

There's always a dominant gender, legally it's just male or female.

Look at Caster Semenya, the dominant gender is female. There are no Olympic sports for a third gender.

Not in all places. In my state, Transexuals are given their own gender in Voter ID.
So it make them a legal gender too.
Are people really going on about this? Technically, transgender people do have a dominant gender - whether they choose to acknowledge it, or not. There is also people who, like someone said, just don't like sharing their gender on the internet.

But without going into full detail, I don't see the problem in having it. It's not really more or less about professionalism, but more about being open-minded and not having one persons view shoved down thousands of peoples throats (i.e. if MyBB removed the option because one person has something against transgenders(unfortunately those people do exist))

That's not a stab at anyone, by the way - I'm simply saying it wouldn't be "fair"
Male
Female
crazy
(2011-08-19, 01:57 AM)azeer Wrote: [ -> ]Male
Female
crazy

I think I might enable this on one of my forums
(2011-08-22, 10:38 PM)RAND0M1ZER Wrote: [ -> ]
Female
crazy

Yes, because everyone loves an ignorant forum administrator Smile
(2011-08-22, 11:18 PM)x_Stricken_x Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-22, 10:38 PM)RAND0M1ZER Wrote: [ -> ]
Female
crazy

Yes, because everyone loves an ignorant forum administrator Smile

^This. Smile
Couldn't think of a better way to mention it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5