MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activation Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
G'day.

I was just testing my forum, and I found out that when I click Register, they say me that the activation link has been sent but when I go to my email account, I don't see any activation. I have to go to the Admin Panel and make the user Activated myself. Is there a way people can activate by there own?

Thank You.
are you using php mail for the site ? have you checked if there are any mail error logs at
admin panel --> tools & maintenance --> system mail log
(2011-08-09, 03:16 PM)ranjani Wrote: [ -> ]are you using php mail for the site ? have you checked if there are any mail error logs at
admin panel --> tools & maintenance --> system mail log

There are no error logs at System Mail Log.
Please try the following mail test script: [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

If this test says it could not send the mail, or it said it sent but you did not receive any email, even in your spam/trash folder, then the issue lies with your host. If you receive the email from this test, we will investigate the issue further.
(2011-08-09, 04:00 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Please try the following mail test script: [Wiki: Help:Mail] (Broken link, head over to docs.mybb.com instead)

If this test says it could not send the mail, or it said it sent but you did not receive any email, even in your spam/trash folder, then the issue lies with your host. If you receive the email from this test, we will investigate the issue further.

Yes, I successfully got a message saying "Mail was sent by PHP" in my browser.
Did you actually receive the email though?
(2011-08-09, 04:08 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Did you actually receive the email though?

I got the message but didn't an email. :c
Then, as I mentioned, this is an issue you need to discuss with your web host. As an alternative, or while your web host works on the issue, you can use SMTP mail.
(2011-08-09, 04:10 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Then, as I mentioned, this is an issue you need to discuss with your web host. As an alternative, or while your web host works on the issue, you can use SMTP mail.

Web host meaning: GoDaddy? Thats what I use? What should I say to him?
Yes, you need to contact GoDaddy. Don't quote me on this, but I think they have some restrictions with PHP mail. What you need to tell them is that emails sent by the PHP mail function are not being sent.
Pages: 1 2