MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Finding the right web host
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2011-08-20, 03:57 AM)kavin Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-08-20, 03:14 AM)Kin Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks! [EDIT]

I have decided to just go with bluehost. The free web hosts, like you guys have said, doesn't seem like they are worth the trouble.

Did any users experience problems using bluehost?

Oh and are there any troubles with mybb and bluehost if I want to have adsense?

There is no problems. You can use ads as you wish.
And never choose Godaddy. Its good for domains, but not for hosting.

Thanks!

Can you exceed the said "unlimited" space? And does it also have a max amount of users that can be online at the same time?
It is hard to exceed unlimited space, which is actually not unlimited but unmetered.

With a new forum, you hardly even need unmetered, so you should be fine for awhile.

And it most likely does (I've never used bluehost), but I think it is pretty high up there, and I doubt you will hit it.
hey if you are looking for a host. I suggest you to http://mintedhost.net
im a staff there just put in y0ur refferal is stranger
you can even have 500 users at desame time. Dont forget the refferal name
(2011-08-20, 01:48 PM)NaXuh Wrote: [ -> ]It is hard to exceed unlimited space, which is actually not unlimited but unmetered.

With a new forum, you hardly even need unmetered, so you should be fine for awhile.

And it most likely does (I've never used bluehost), but I think it is pretty high up there, and I doubt you will hit it.

Oh okay, thanks! What host do you use? Just wondering.
The reviews here about bluehost doesn't make me feel very good... How much of these are true?

http://webhostingreview.org/bluehost-3/
Quoting my post from another thread.

(2011-08-15, 07:01 AM)pdtrx Wrote: [ -> ]Do your research and find the host that fits your needs. Visit WHT for more info.

Check this list if you're having trouble. The list was made by a trusted user at WHT and hosts listed there are known for great uptime and excellent support. Just do a search on specific user reviews.

Avoid unlimited disk space and bandwidth packages and also hosts owned by EIG. (Bluehost, Hostmonster etc.)

DO NOT go with Bluehost. Check their terrible reviews and horror stories at www.webhostingtalk.com and you'll know why.

(2011-08-15, 09:30 AM)pdtrx Wrote: [ -> ]Because there's no such thing as unlimited space and bandwidth in the hosting industry. It is a marketing scheme to attract customers. This claim is greatly supported by the WHT community.

If you want smart and reliable recommendations, I suggest that you register at WHT and post there. You'll get better attention I guarantee that Smile

If you're serious in running a forum, you should go with a paid host. Don't look for cheap hosting, find a reliable host. Ignore top 10 hosts reviews/sites because those sites have affiliated programs with those hosts and make money out of it.
Hey,

I use a small host my friend runs, that seems to do alright. If you are planning on keeping & working on this forum for awhile, I would suggest going with MyBB Webhost as they specialize in hosting mybb forums, but you still get all access such as cpanel, ftp, phpmyadmin, etc.
BlueHost is absolutley terrible, I don't know why PJGIH recommended them.
AstoundingHost.com is a rather cheap and functioning one.
They only charge around 0.50 for a standard package. You can probably contact the website staff and hook up a deal for annual payments.
All I can say is.
AVOID HOSTGATOR AND GODADDY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all.
try offshore like largeserver.net
Pages: 1 2 3