MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Firefox 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Go download the beta of Firefox 7. Right now.

After using it for ten minutes I switched completely to it from Chrome. It's awesome. I've always loved Firefox, but it usually runs like crap on OS X. However, Firefox 7 Beta promises up to a 50% reduction in memory usage.
I think I'll wait for the full release
I'm a heavy browser and multitask many tabs. It's usually in beta for a reason.
I still don't get why mozilla has to rampantly inflate the version number, kinda stupid. Also, even using nightly didn't warrant a huge improvement over FF4 when I used it to be honest.
(2011-08-20, 04:03 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]I still don't get why mozilla has to rampantly inflate the version number, kinda stupid. Also, even using nightly didn't warrant a huge improvement over FF4 when I used it to be honest.

They plan on dropping the version number kind of release (already removed it from the about information Wink). It's going to be more like chrome where the average person doesn't know the version and updates will be more forced.
(2011-08-20, 04:03 AM)Scoutie44 Wrote: [ -> ]I still don't get why mozilla has to rampantly inflate the version number, kinda stupid. Also, even using nightly didn't warrant a huge improvement over FF4 when I used it to be honest.

I went from FF4 to FF6 in like two days.
Not sure what they are doing either.
Too late. I'm totally in Chrome's pockets now. And I don't think I'll be switching soon, it's just absolutely perfect.
I am using personal prefer chrome google is very fast! I think so firefox high loading
Um, is it just me or didn't they just released Firefox 6?
I have 8 installed, but I still prefer Opera Next (their beta).
http://www.opera.com/browser/next/
(2011-08-20, 12:32 PM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]I have 8 installed, but I still prefer Opera Next (their beta).
http://www.opera.com/browser/next/

How do you already have Firefox 8?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5