MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyBB Themes, Mods, Graphics Site?????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Im thinking of starting up a site that contains these assets and was wondering how much interest would be gained from the mybboard.net community and how many users would use the site for these usefull tools.

Im not trying to take the community away but instead put everything in one place that is simple for users to go and download what they need, it would not be a support site but only the support for the themes and mods it contains.

It gives the users a more of a gallery feel for these things instead of simple forums that contain the downloads here there and everywhere.

This isnt an advertisement thread as the website isnt even made yet but is a thread for users thoughts on the topic.

Regards
Matt (Willow) Wilson
Umm...MyBB Mods...
yep thats a mod site.......... im talking about all stuff to do with mybb, themes, mods, graphics, updates and anything else that fits into the mybb sheme.
I take it you haven't paid attention to the navigation bar...

"Modifications" "Themes" "Resources".

Basically everything to do with MyBB is there. There are graphic sets in the Modifications section, new themes in the Themes section, and tutorials in the "Resources" section.

It also links to the Download page for the latest version of MyBB.

I get what you are trying to do, but if you have more than one "database" of mybb stuff, things are going to get confusing. Its ok if you have a page on your site where you can download mods that you have made, but it is easier for the community to just go to MyBB Mods and look through the database of mods there.
well one thing i found about mybb mods site is its a bit confusing to get your self made themes mods etc on there, with the way i want to do its as simple as registering and posting what you have.
I'm not sure how you have been trying to do it...

All you do is register, sign in, and then follow the simple "Submit" form, which allows you to write about your mod and then upload it.

You can then create a topic on the MyBB Mods and the MyBBoard forums telling people about it.

Your way would be an easy way for hackers to get access to other people's boards. Any hacker could write a php file that adds them as a user of MyBB with Admin abilities and then they have total control over your forum.

With the MyBB Mods way, all plugins and mods are checked by the MyBB Mods team to make sure they don't exploit boards!
"Your way would be an easy way for hackers to get access to other people's boards. Any hacker could write a php file that adds them as a user of MyBB with Admin abilities and then they have total control over your forum."

that dosent apply only for the type of forum i want to do, it applies for everyone who uses mybb lol
willow Wrote:well one thing i found about mybb mods site is its a bit confusing to get your self made themes mods etc on there, with the way i want to do its as simple as registering and posting what you have.

That's exactly the way it's done at MyBB Mods too as I said in reply to the message you sent me. Once you're registered at MyBB Mods, you can use the submissions page to add your mod/plugin/theme/resource to the site database. That's all there is to it.
willow Wrote:"Your way would be an easy way for hackers to get access to other people's boards. Any hacker could write a php file that adds them as a user of MyBB with Admin abilities and then they have total control over your forum."

that dosent apply only for the type of forum i want to do, it applies for everyone who uses mybb lol
No it doesn't because most hackers cannot get files onto your server, they can only use exploits in files that are already loaded on!

Your way would mean that (lets take me as an example) I could write a file that would erase all data from the admin permissions, and then make a new user with all admin permissions whose password would be set by the file itself.

In MyBB Mods, I would submit this file, but MusicalMidget would take one look at what it does and not verify it.

On your "proposed" system, I would upload the file to the forum immediately where it would be downloaded by numerous people. As soon as they complain that nothing is working, I pretend to be concerned, and ask them for the url to their forums so i can take a look. They give it to me, and I have access to their forum which I can then hack.

Your system is dangerous and will lead to the exploitation of individuals and eventually their MyBB Boards. I say you should just stick with MyBB Mods. It is safe, and it has a massive database of mods/themes etc.
I also have a MyBB Themes site that takes care of the templates and themes portion of MyBB.

It's not my fault nobody goes there. Toungue
Pages: 1 2