MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Permission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been working on this theme today. I showed it to Jordan L. over msn and he said I need to get permission from IP.board to release it. Is this true? I have credited them in the footer with a link to their site as well. I imagine that can take weeks.
I'd certainly ask them and make sure it's alright for release. I take it you haven't used any of their images or copied any of their styles directly, right?
(2011-08-24, 07:26 AM)euantor Wrote: [ -> ]I'd certainly ask them and make sure it's alright for release. I take it you haven't used any of their images or copied any of their styles directly, right?

I've edited some of the images. But obviously they still have to be just like the IP.Board ones otherwise it doesn't look the same.
Yeah, but have you made them yourself or just copied them straight from an IPB install? If you've done the latter of the two, you'll likely struggle to get permission.
TBH, If you have copied any code from IPB's then yes, otherwise you haven't and made it yourself therefore... I doubt it. The reason being ITS YOUR OWN.

You made the images? no need
You code all of it? no need
You steal all stuff? yes you need.
And if you made all of it, just link in the footer imho.
You might want to contact them anyway just to avoid issues.
I'd say you need permission, like Richard said just to avoid any sort of conflict in the future.
Everything is a derivative work, so really it's not all your own. Shoot them a short, sweet, simple e-mail letting them know what's up and if they have any objections.
Quote:Our styles are copyright protected and for use only within our software. If you want to look like IP.Board then you should just buy a copy of IP.Board.

Looks like a no guys Sad. All that work for nothing :'(.
Pages: 1 2