MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Accept Terms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Description:
Require users to accept a terms of service before posting in specific forums.

Screenshots:
[attachment=23914][attachment=23913][attachment=23915][attachment=23916][attachment=23917]

Download:
http://mods.mybb.com/view/accept-tos

Installation:
Upload the contents inside the 'Upload' folder into your forum's root directory.
Once uploaded, navigate to your Admin CP > Plugins > Find 'Accept TOS' and click Install and Activate

Usage:
After installation, navigate to Configuration > Settings > Find 'Accept TOS'. There should be three fields: enable or disable the plugin, define the body message of the terms, and a field to input forum ids respectively.

Define your terms in the respective field, and specify the forum ids you want to enable this plugin for (for multiple forums, separate the forum ids with commas).

Now, when a user attempts to reply to or create a new thread in the defined forums, they will receive an error message indicating they need to agree to the terms. A private message is also dispatched with the terms and a link to click when the user has read and agreed.

License
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0

Support
Support may be requested in this thread only.
Great plugin, Spencer, looks really useful. Smile
Thanks man!

Using it!
To bad my plugins haven't been validated fast as yours.
How ever, nice plugin. I'm currently translating it to german.

Found a 'lil failure:
$l['terms_error_msg'] = "An unexpected error occured while attempting to approve your request. If you believe thsi is an error, please contact an administrator.";

//german translation submitted Smile
Good Job Spencer. It worked great for us.
You need to sanitize your input. It's SQLi Vulnerable. And you should always use the post key when you can to avoid XSS.

PM me if you need assistance.

In your accept_terms_thread() you should just global $fid instead of doing the input grab and query. You have code I don't think you need there. By this time in the hook $fid is established by newthread.php.

Pretty good plugin overall though. Smile

great job spencer awesome
This looks great, additional options I hope to see added to this:
- GID Input, so only certain groups are affected.
- A less than X Posts, so only users with less than X Posts are affected.
(2011-08-26, 04:53 PM)weBex Wrote: [ -> ]This looks great, additional options I hope to see added to this:
- GID Input, so only certain groups are affected.
- A less than X Posts, so only users with less than X Posts are affected.

I will definitely be adding these features in the next release. Smile
thank you very much, it's a great job.
but I have a notice:
when I set the forum ids to more than one, such as ( 1,2,3 )
when I try to post to the first forum I get a PM and the plugin work correctly, but when I try to post to another forum such as 3, I get the second PM and the I should to accept terms again and again for all forum I set.

I think the user should accept the terms only one on all forum.

thank you very much
Pages: 1 2 3