MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Does anyone here use Dreamweaver CS3 as an FTP?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I use filezilla. I don't like programs's that write code for you. I personally benefit more from it if I write it myself.
I find dreamweaver handy for editing files but for uploading i use filezilla or if that has a spaz then i just use windows explorer.
(2011-09-10, 03:36 AM)enlightenme Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-06, 08:30 PM)MattRogowski Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the suggestion is to upload them so they overwrite... Smile Upload them to the same place and you'll get asked if you want to overwrite them.

You've got a whole load of 'Copy of' files and folders... I'm not really sure what you're doing here, you just need to go to the forum folder, drag the whole of the contents of the Upload folder from the download package over to that forum folder, it'll prompt you to overwrite it, accept that, and let it upload. I won't be able to upload the files tonight as with the speed of my internet I won't have enough time tonight, but I can do it tomorrow if you're still having trouble with it.

(Merged your threads to save having two on the same thing.)

Sorry for the late response and the duplicate threads.

I was able to get someone to help me do the upgrade.

As for the duplicate files/folders, they've all accumulated from previous upgrades. I tried to delete them and I lost my forum! Then was able to recover it surprisingly!..lol. Could there be some old files that are still linked to the forum? Please advise. Thanks

Well, I uploaded the files for you, all you needed to do then was run the upgrade script...

If you're deleting duplicates it would have no effect on the forum at all as it wouldn't be looking at he duplicate files, the only way you'd lose anything by deleting files is if you delete the files the forum is actually using, and not the duplicates.
Pages: 1 2 3