MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: The Nerd Lounge
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Really appreciated the feedback. We will be adding "nerdy" forum icons, and possibly even unique icons spending in the forum. Perhaps a minecraft block for MC forums. Thoughts on that?
I don't like that the first thing that catches my eye is a huge banner asking for donations. You need to build a community before you should ask for things like that.

The placement of the donation banner suggests you prioritise those donations over content and community which isn't a good sign for a forum.
Ntrus- thanks for the feedback. However, my community of 30+ members have asked that I move our website's Minecraft server to a dedicated machine. As this costs around $100 for 3 months @ 20 people per play, I said I would gladly set it all up once I receive some donations for the cost. It has been a positive, not a negative item.

Looks like a very well done site. The main menu (especially the drop down items) could be tweaked a bit, but otherwise I like it.
Just so you know you made a contradiction:
Quote:permanent Minecraft dedicated server for 3 months

How can it be permanent if it only lasts for 3 months?

Also the (heart) icon in the navigation should be removed.
(2011-09-21, 02:00 AM)Richard Wrote: [ -> ]Just so you know you made a contradiction:
Quote:permanent Minecraft dedicated server for 3 months

How can it be permanent if it only lasts for 3 months?

Also the (heart) icon in the navigation should be removed.

Thank you for the feedback. You are absolutely correct. The message I was attempting to get across was a server that would be up 24/7... unlike our current one. "Permanent" was not the right choice of words.

As for the"donate" button, you don't think the heart is good to have there?
•Bump•
*Update*

We're steadily growing, and just recently passed the 500 post mark. Just wanted to provide an update.

[attachment=24232]
•Bump•

Still looking for feedback. Constantly improving our site with a combination of requests from reviews HERE as well as from our community. Your input is appreciated and is strongly considered no matter how outrageous.
Your sig's a little contradictory. Geeks and nerds are different. Your site's a little slow loading, but the theme's easy on the eyes, the portal's nice and it generally looks pretty accessible.
Pages: 1 2 3 4