MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Better "Ignore" system.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Maybe improving the "Ignore User" system will be very helpful.

When I ignore users I would like to 100% ignore them, don't just hide them under a bar saying they comments are hidden because him being in my ignore list.

I would like to not see them in the last post/threads lists, nor the showforum thread list, not be able to enter they profiles, not seeing that bar alerting me of a hidden post.

I feel like I messed up my grammar here a lot, but hope you understand what I mean.
Agreed. Also, whenever an ignored person replies to a thread which you are subscribed to, the subscribed user should not receive a notification.
(2011-08-31, 02:22 AM)Torengo Wrote: [ -> ]Agreed. Also, whenever an ignored person replies to a thread which you are subscribed to, the subscribed user should not receive a notification.

Actually the user shouldn't even be able to reply to a thread where the OP has them ignored. That'd be sweet!
I think that is pushing it a bit. A forum is a public discussion.
(2011-09-01, 02:20 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]I think that is pushing it a bit. A forum is a public discussion.

Well, yes, but when I ignore someone is because I simple don't want to know anything about him.

It is not like I put half forum in my ignore list Undecided
Yeah, the idea is to ignore them here. Not forbid them from posting.
(2011-09-01, 02:23 PM)Sama34 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-01, 02:20 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]I think that is pushing it a bit. A forum is a public discussion.

Well, yes, but when I ignore someone is because I simple don't want to know anything about him.

It is not like I put half forum in my ignore list Undecided

But your topic on a board is a public topic. You don't have the right to restrict people from responding.
(2011-09-01, 02:24 PM)Uncontrol Wrote: [ -> ]But your topic on a board is a public topic. You don't have the right to restrict people from responding.

I thought you were talking about my original suggestion haha, yes, maybe denying them from posting is a little too much.
It's like stopping kids from playing with each other in recess. If you hate him, just ignore him. And if he throws the ball at you, then play along. Don't rage quit just because you don't like him.
(2011-09-01, 02:30 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]It's like stopping kids from playing with each other in recess. If you hate him, just ignore him. And if he throws the ball at you, then play along. Don't rage quit just because you don't like him.

There is a reason for the Ignore system to exist, I ignore users when it is really necessary and that is why I would like to see a improvement in this system.

There are kids you will never want to play with.
Pages: 1 2