MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What makes MyBB different from other boards?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd like to know what features distinguish MyBB from other popular boards?

Has anyone switched to MyBB from another forum script? If so, what were your reasons.

I'm looking for a forum that is very easy to use by the general (nontech) public for a medical Q & A type of forum.

I've considered phpbb, smf, FUDforum, & xenForo.

I'm hoping folks can give me some tips and educate me as to the advantages of MyBB forum.

Thanks!
Have you ever used vBulletin 3? MyBB is as simple/powerful as vBulletin...
The only drawbacks that you will face are:
- Lack of plugins & themes
- Slow development cycle

Otherwise MyBB is the best of all the Open Source forum softwares Smile
Thanks for your reply, TheGarfield.

I searched for a long time and just today ran into MyBB. I really like FUDforum, also, and am having a hard time choosing.

Does MyBB have a good interface for mobile phones? This is something I believe that FUDforum lacks.

Does it work with tapatalk....

I switched from phpBB and SMF to MyBB.

MyBB has an easy user interface and admin interface. One of the easily organized features i ever seen in a board.

And yeah! It has mobile interface through MyBB Gomobile plugin.
http://mybbgm.com/

For tapatalk, use this plugin.
http://mods.mybb.com/view/tapatalk-plugin-for-mybb
Honestly I think mybb is better than vbulletin.The differences between them are sky and ground.A forum named "Hackforums.net" has hundreds of thousands of users and is powered by mybb.All vbulletin has is easy tools for setting up your forum,but,mybb on the other hand, does not!But still if you try really hard then you could get a successful forum by mybb!Lazy people with money will go to vbulletin
(2011-08-31, 03:48 AM)xXTansXx Wrote: [ -> ]Honestly I think mybb is better than vbulletin.The differences between them are sky and ground.A forum named "Hackforums.net" has hundreds of thousands of users and is powered by mybb.All vbulletin has is easy tools for setting up your forum,but,mybb on the other hand, does not!But still if you try really hard then you could get a successful forum by mybb!Lazy people with money will go to vbulletin

Well, i agree with other stuffs except the hackforums part. The largest Vbulletin forum has "144,068,824" posts.

And yeah! Vbulletin lost its nature with their v4 though. As you said, MyBB has more advantage over it.
Kavin: What specific advantages does MyBB have over VB3/4?
Besides the fact that it offers much of the same features (while concentrating on the concept of a forum, and not a social network) for free?
(2011-08-31, 03:18 AM)TheGarfield Wrote: [ -> ]The only drawbacks that you will face are:
- Lack of plugins & themes
- Slow development cycle

Otherwise MyBB is the best of all the Open Source forum softwares Smile

Well, I agree it is excellent open source forum software...but I am concerned about future development since the blog mentioned the loss of a couple of the main coders/developers from the MyBB team.

Also, I thought MyBB did in fact have a lot of plug ins - or was that for previous versions of MyBB?

Well, all together (Including other MyBB sites and stuff like that) there's probally a couple hundred plug-ins for mybb.
Pages: 1 2