MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How many of you have converted from another software?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm just wondering about how many of you MyBB owners have converted over from another forum software, If you have what software did you convert from and why did you decide to change?
I did. I was using both phpbb and VB on most of my forums at the time. Now they are all MyBB. This was over 5 years ago now.
Again I am the odd man out since I never used MyBB, but dammit I want to reply to this topic. I converted from phpBB to vB in 2007. If you recall, vB was at the time still in much better standing with forum administrators than it is now, and I only saw how much more comfortable I am with vB. I have a xenForo license now and am thinking about converting to that.
I did. Or attempted, i remember we had to go from WBB ->VB->PHPBB->MyBB.

Don't remember if we just said F it, and started from scratch. That site is long gone though :/
I converted from SMF to MyBB for Leet Link and from e107 to MyBB on FoodRatings. MyBB is more stable and better IMHO, even if some things that SMF has via plugins don't yet exist for MyBB.
I converted from phpbb about 2 years ago Smile

(2011-09-03, 05:45 PM)Medora Wrote: [ -> ]Again I am the odd man out since I never used MyBB, but dammit I want to reply to this topic. I converted from phpBB to vB in 2007. If you recall, vB was at the time still in much better standing with forum administrators than it is now, and I only saw how much more comfortable I am with vB. I have a xenForo license now and am thinking about converting to that.
May I ask, why are you on the mybb support forums if you don't use mybb? Toungue
I was an IP.Board user....Smile

(I Heart you mybb)
I went from SMF -> vB -> MyBB. Been with MyBB since.
(2011-09-03, 05:45 PM)Medora Wrote: [ -> ]Again I am the odd man out since I never used MyBB, but dammit I want to reply to this topic. I converted from phpBB to vB in 2007. If you recall, vB was at the time still in much better standing with forum administrators than it is now, and I only saw how much more comfortable I am with vB. I have a xenForo license now and am thinking about converting to that.

Hey, I know you. You're from TAZ!
@ Tom K: Mostly since I like forums regardless of what they are for. Heck, I even joined a Neopets forum even though I do not play that game. Made a few good members at my forum that way, too, heh. I just participated in the off-topic sections. Also, while I am here, I might learn something about MyBB.

@ Pyridine: Someone recognizes me from somewhere! Cool. Really.
Pages: 1 2 3