MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lost 45k posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2011-09-06, 11:23 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]From the image you sent me it looks like you're not running the query correctly. Where / how did you do it?

phpMyAdmin > Database selected > Ran query (Changed to correct prefix)
Run it in the SQL tab, not the Query tab.
(2011-09-06, 11:36 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Run it in the SQL tab, not the Query tab.

I've run the query, not sure if it's working. Is there a query to delete duplicate threads and posts?
So, did the query ran successfully or not? You're starting to confusing me...

What do you mean duplicate threads and posts?
(2011-09-06, 11:44 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]So, did the query ran successfully or not? You're starting to confusing me...

What do you mean duplicate threads and posts?

I don't know, my host has decided to go down for 45 minutes in the past hour. It's bloody ridiculous, I need to get to sleep and I'm stuck here waiting for them to solve their issues.

EDIT: Ran the query, got this:

0 rows affected. ( Query took 0.9921 sec )
Ok, but the "You have to choose at least one column to display" error message doesn't show up when running the query under the SQL tab, right?
(2011-09-06, 11:50 AM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, but the "You have to choose at least one column to display" error message doesn't show up when running the query under the SQL tab, right?

Nope, runs fine.

EDIT: And the server goes down again, wtf.
Well, let me know if it works when the server is back up again.

And be sure to run the recount & rebuild tools afterwards, as well as rebuild the stats cache.
(2011-09-06, 12:05 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Well, let me know if it works when the server is back up again.

And be sure to run the recount & rebuild tools afterwards, as well as rebuild the stats cache.

I did a remerge after losing the 45k posts, and found what was inserted in the first merge and then just removed what was inserted twice in the second merge, so I'm back to my original content (mainly). Do you have a query though to check for duplicated content? Thanks again for all your help.
So the problem is no longer incorrect stats, but rather duplicate content? How did that happen?

I don't think you can mass eliminate duplicate content with an SQL query. I'll look into it.
Pages: 1 2 3