MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lost 45k posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2011-09-06, 12:25 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]So the problem is no longer incorrect stats, but rather duplicate content? How did that happen?

I don't think you can mass eliminate duplicate content with an SQL query. I'll look into it.

Like I said above, I did the first merge which for some reason got rid of 45k (of the 95k) posts, so I did a re-merge and removed around 30k posts from the forum (from the 95k) which then left 115k posts while we should only have around 80k posts extra. Most of them went to the Lobby, which means around 4k threads and 30k posts are duplicate in the Lobby forum. If only I didn't do that 4k thread move, all would have been well. Gah!
Do duplicate threads actually exist or is it just the stats that are doubled?
(2011-09-06, 12:45 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Do duplicate threads actually exist or is it just the stats that are doubled?

Sadly, they actually exist.
Can't you just restore a backup prior to the merge and do it all again very carefully?
(2011-09-06, 12:50 PM)faviouz Wrote: [ -> ]Can't you just restore a backup prior to the merge and do it all again very carefully?

Yes I guess I probably have to, either that or manually cleaning up the crap. I think I'll just clean it up manually, too many active users to risk keeping the forum down.
Pages: 1 2 3