MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: uninstalled plug in but still showing in admin?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hi guys

ok i removed all files relating to these 2 plugins as i no longer wanted them:

MySupport
&
FancyBox

but they both still show up in ACP>config & also the MySupports is also showing in tools > Cache Manager (although it dont have a "rebuild Cache" option, its just blank.

How the heck i remove these? Ive double checked i removed all files & i deactivated them both before removing the files?
You mean the settings for MySupport still show in the list of setting groups or the MySupport link is still in the left hand menu?? Because the menu on the left physically can't be there if you've removed the files for the plugin, it's the code in the file that adds that link.
Fancybox & Mysupport are still showing up in ACP>Config list even though i deleted all files for it from my server
[attachment=24031]

[attachment=24032]

And also Mysupport is still showing under templates & i cant delete them?
[attachment=24033]
Looks like you didn't actually deactivate and uninstall the plugins then, otherwise this stuff would have been removed.
i did, i even re-installed to deactivate & try again but still same prob... infact im pretty sure 1st time round there was no option to un-install... only deactivate Sad ?
Go to acp>Plugins and click deactivate/un-install then remove the files.
thats what i did Sad

but will re-install them & try again, 3rd time lucky!
MySupport definitely does have an uninstall option and it definitely will remove settings when you uninstall it. Trust me, I wrote it and I've installed and uninstalled it hundreds of times.
will re-install it & then un-install it again see what happens, but thats what i did 1st time around but then it was still showing up in ACP
ok i re-installed this "fancybox" plugin to make sure i uninstalled it 1st before removing files.. but theres no option to un-install! ..so i just deactivated it then removed files using my FTP prog... but now im left with 2 fancybox headings in my ACP config menu!?

now im stuck with these & the MySupport ones in my acp>config list.. why wont they dissapear!?

they even show all the settings that are still available in acp>config for them?
Pages: 1 2