MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Looking for an partner/investor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, so I've had this idea for a website for a while, after kind of planning it out, it was obvious that there'd be no way for me to fund the site until I get an actual and real job which won't be for another 7 months to a year. So, because I do think that it's a good idea, I'm asking if any one here would like to invest in this idea? Profits would be split 50/50 AFTER you get what ever you originally invested back, until then, it'll be 90/10.

This won't be a small investment, unless you can figure out a way to start it out smaller, but from what I've figured we'll need about... high $xx or low $xxx to start. Also I'm kind of looking for some one with a decent MyBB rep? Not like... 1 post on MyBB and -4853 rep.

Now, I know. This. Is. A. Lonngggggg shot. But like I said, this idea has been put on hold due to me not having a job, and I don't really expect any one to actually want to invest in this idea, since.... it'd be putting your money into something that hasn't been built yet, and you have no idea if it'll even work. I understand.

Just thought I'd ask =P
What's it about?
I can't invest in an idea, I need a guaranteed return.
Mmm....

It's a... Pay to do stuff site...

(2011-09-07, 12:42 AM)Solidus Wrote: [ -> ]I can't invest in an idea, I need a guaranteed return.

Understood. I know most people will think this that's why I said it's a long shot.

But I can't provide any stats on it, and I can't provide info from other sites doing this because I've never seen another site do this.
It's your idea only you can make it happen. No one invests in ideas but you can't value them no matter how good they're.
This has to be the dumbest thread I've ever read. Not only is it absurd to ask money for an idea (which probably sucks since you can't even think of ways to generate the start-up capital yourself), but the fact that you're also asking for 90% of the profits until the investor recoups his money makes it all the more hilarious.
(2011-09-07, 03:13 AM)morpia Wrote: [ -> ]This has to be the dumbest thread I've ever read. Not only is it absurd to ask money for an idea, but the fact that you're also asking for 90% of the profits until the investor recoups his money makes it all the more hilarious.

No, silly. He meant the investor gets 90%.
(2011-09-07, 03:15 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-07, 03:13 AM)morpia Wrote: [ -> ]This has to be the dumbest thread I've ever read. Not only is it absurd to ask money for an idea, but the fact that you're also asking for 90% of the profits until the investor recoups his money makes it all the more hilarious.

It can be looked at both ways, but I honestly hope that's what he meant.
(2011-09-07, 03:13 AM)morpia Wrote: [ -> ]This has to be the dumbest thread I've ever read. Not only is it absurd to ask money for an idea (which probably sucks since you can't even think of ways to generate the start-up capital yourself), but the fact that you're also asking for 90% of the profits until the investor recoups his money makes it all the more hilarious.

I think he was referring to 90/10 as the guy who invested the money get the 90 percent.

It hardly makes sense the other way around.
(2011-09-07, 03:17 AM)morpia Wrote: [ -> ]
(2011-09-07, 03:15 AM)pyridine Wrote: [ -> ]

It can be looked at both ways, but I honestly hope that's what he meant.
You see, before you start making stupid accusations, you'd better get the facts right first.
(2011-09-07, 03:13 AM)morpia Wrote: [ -> ]This has to be the dumbest thread I've ever read. Not only is it absurd to ask money for an idea (which probably sucks since you can't even think of ways to generate the start-up capital yourself), but the fact that you're also asking for 90% of the profits until the investor recoups his money makes it all the more hilarious.

Did you read the thread bro?

The idea is great, but there is NO possible way that I can fund it while being a minor and not having a steady job. I work. But the amount of days I work goes from 1 day a week to 7 days a week so it's not steady. This investment, requires high $xx or low $xxx up front to even think about running it. And I've gone over all the possible ways to start it out with a lower investment but I haven't found any.

And why the hell would I take 90% and give 10%? I'm sorry, yes, I could have made that more clear that I'd give 90% to the investor until he gets his investment back, but I thought common sense would go into play there.

And like I've said twice now. I know, a lot of people want to see solid stats before jumping into anything, but I dunno if there is any one on MyBB that'd like to take a risk, so I thought I'd check.
Pages: 1 2