MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: IPB 2.1.6 to MyBB 1.1.5 Converter released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
plz
I want some one to help me
I want to learn how to use this script
What exactly does this converter move over from the IPB forums to MyBB?
I can only tell you...

This converter isn't be able to convert these options :
- Admin and mod logs
- Admin permissions
- File attachments
- Ban filters (Not supported by MyBB)
- Forums permissions
- Multiples childs forums (Not definitive)
- Personnals poll's votes viewing (Not supported by IPB)
- Topics rating
Ummm.... I tried to convert my IPB 2.1.4 and it completely failed, first of all all my members became admins and some were banned, after I logged in I was only logged in for about 5 minutes before I was automatically banned for no reason. Also the ACP had lots of PHP errors stating problems in the SQL/database.
Probably that's because it's an IPB 2.1.6 to MyBB 1.1.5 (and later) converter. Smile
It shouldnt make any difference because the 2.1.x structure is basically the same in all versions except for some patched security holes.
hi everybody
I want to know where should I put the IPB files?
and where should I put the MyBB files??
or should I replace IPB files with MyBB files
please help me
I want to convert my IPB (2.1.6) to MyBB (1.1.6)

waiting for your reply
thanks
does this copy the ipb mysql data to a new database for mybb or mess with it itself? because i dont want to mess up my ipb database.
Hi, I'm sorry for my silence but I just come back from holidays Cool

So, I'll try to answer to your questions...

maritimer > This convert can convert :
- badwords list
- Calendar events
- Forums
- Moderators
- Topics
- Polls
- Users
- Emoticons
- Groups

Logically, all this functions are effective but There maybe are bugs.... Nothing is perfect Toungue

maddog39 > Ok, this bug come from a bug with groups conversion. Try again with re-downloading the converter (I just did an update)

MeDoOo87 >
Create a new directory called "IPB" and put all your IPB files in this. Next, install your MyBB copy on your FTP Root, and next, upload the ipb2mybb directory and launch /ipb2mybb/index.php

damnidunno > This converter just copy informations from IPB database to MyBB database, Your IPB db is save. Wink

But doesnt this converter require you to use the same database your IPB is on when you install MyBB because it only allows you to enter one database and username/password information.
Pages: 1 2 3 4